bottom end decision

kid1293

Feb 12, 2007
hey guys have a 90 kdx 200 just did top end and im having a bit of a problem. the bottom end has a small noise at low rpm but goes away mid to upper rpm also seems to be smoking alot. i have had this problem sence i bought it in 04 has not got any worse but should i pull it apart, or let it go it is bone stock but in good shape???

csmutty

Uhhh...
Feb 28, 2006
KDX's usually have a noise like that at least mine does and mine is a 2000. The smoking problem is just your jetting in your carbeurator which can be fixed for like $5. To learn how to jet look up spanky's jetting guide on google and that should tell you everything on how to jet your bike. I have it hanging in my garage so it is handy :nod:

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
When you did the top end did you check for play at the con rod? (worn crank bearings). This is the only way I know of to check the bottom end w/out talking it apart.

kid1293

Feb 12, 2007
there was very little play in the con rod i didnt think there was a problem there. right now im really concerned about the smoke, i have read a few posts that say these bikes make some noise. i have also noticed that there is a small amount of oil coming out of the vent tube in the air box. is it possible that the seal between the crank and trans is leaky and sucking in a bit of oil and pressuring the trans?? i still need to jet carb i really hope that clears it up somewhat.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…