bquiker

May 6, 2004
i recently blew the top end on my 1998 rm125 and was wondering if anyone might know why this would of happened. the spark plug tip inside of the cylinder head broke off and totally wrecked the cylinder and piston and head. i was probably my fault the plug was a racing plug with the small points and was pretty used plus a friend of mine was on his 99 kx125 and we were racing around a flat track style sandy packed about a mile long track. well about the third time around i locked up the rear brake hard to enter a turn slid into turn in 3rd and got right back on it all the way. but the time i was getting ready to put it in 5th it felt like my rear brake locked up and i came to a sudden stop at about 60+mph. i wish it was the rear brake locking up but it wasn't. at first i put it in neutral fine. kick it once said damn something isn't right, kicked it a second time and i got off bike and started pushing. now thing is i just got it re-nikisil head work and piston. that cost me a pretty penny. but i havent found the tip of the plug that broke off yet. i'm afraid that it may be lost in the bottom unit somewhere. i don't want to put this thing together and then right off the start tear the bottom end to pieces. any help woould be great. thanks alot. damn my two index fingers hurt, i don't think i've ever typed this much.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Once a piston circlip fell into the bottom end of my bike and so I just put a lot of grease on the flywheel and turned it and up came the circlip stuck to it!
I think your Suzuki can only use a special plug made just for it. I think because others break! Ask your dealer if this is true.

dkortje

Sponsoring Member
Aug 30, 2002
another thing to try, take your compressor and blow air under the crank, that will ussually get rid of small pieces, than 'wash out" the crank with oil a couple of times.

Top Bottom