FenderBender

Feb 25, 2005
I recently got my suspension done (3 weeks) Ive riddin twice the first time I didnt bottom out at all, but yesterday I bottomed my forks two times. To the point it made a metal to metal "kink" sound.One of the landings was on an almost flat surface (not surprised they bottomed) and the other one was a proper landing from a step down jump. Yesterday before I rode I noticed some fork oil leaking out. So my question is. Could the bottoming be caused by too much fork oil being leaked out of one shock only? or is there a problem with the spring rate or valving?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Bottoming is mostly controlled by airgap, unless it leaked alot, it wont have caused the problem, you just need more oil in the forks(and no leaks).

Miedosoracing

Feb 22, 2005
Marcus is right. Also, was the fork oil leaking, I take it, from the seals or at the bottom of the fork? Also, you may be able to just adjust the compression up about 5 clicks towards the stiffer. It should aleaviate the bottoming. If the fork seals are leaking, find out if the person doing the work put new ones in. They should have. If not, that was dumb.

FenderBender

Feb 25, 2005
I figured out that the forks arent leaking. I think that it was some grease of some kind that got hot in the garage and ran down the fork. I also called the guy who did the service and he said try two clicks in on the fork and that should solve my problem.

thanks for the replies

Top Bottom