singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
I finally broke down and bought one. I went out today to do the final adjustments to the cam and the cover I made to cut down on the wind noise from the mic. I made a little movie from it. It's kinda large. May take a while to load if you don't have a high speed modem. The quality is not that good, but sacrifices had to be made to get a 3 min 20 sec vid on the net. Tell me what you think.

White Tanks Test Vid

Also, I need your opinions on music. I'll be making some two hour or so VHS tapes of some of the loops we have out here, and I'll need tons of music. I don't really care for the stuff they put on videos these days. Guess I'm getting old. I've already picked out some Santana, Genesis and some old Joe Walsh. Might throw in some Joe Satriani. Have you guys got any other ideas?

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
The link works, it just takes a LONG time before the video pops up. With my cable modem, it took 2-3 mins.

ST500, Nice vid! I really like being able to hear the bikes in helmetcam vids. I think you had a nice balance between the music and the bike. Sounds like whatever you did to reduce the wind noise worked. ;)

Jeremy

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Ditto on the wind noise. I could not hear any. That was a pretty good stretch of open stuff. :) Made me want to visit AZ. I was out there shortly before I realy got into riding. I was think of getting a bike. I was working by lake plesant and would see a lot of bikes up there. Made me want one even more. Shortly after that trip is when I bought my. I was there for almost 3 months

Last edited:

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
That riding up by Lake Pleasant is excellent. A lot of "A" trails. Some really nasty stuff. I'll have some helmet cam clips of that area up on my web site in a couple of weeks.

B

biglou

John-
"Green Grass and High Tides Forever" by the Outlaws.
"Love Lies Bleeding/Funeral For a Friend" by Elton John.
"Red Barchetta" by Rush.
"Hallowed Be Thy Name", "Aces High" and "The Trooper" by Iron Maiden.
"Asronomy Domine" by VoiVod. (That's a cover of a Pink Floyd tune)
Nice long songs for your vids.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
That was a nice video. I was grinning from ear to ear. Man I miss the dez. :( It looked pretty cool when you could see your shadow. :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Are you guys clicking on the "White Tanks" box after you click on the link? It has worked repeatedly for me and only took about 15 seconds to load on a cable modem.

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
I tried it again today and it worked fine. Last night I was getting an error from Windows Media Player saying File Not Found. The Hi-Res one looks real nice, although I found it a tad distracting with the helmet visor showing in the picture.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
I got them to work just fine.
I like the high res video better just because it is bigger and you can see better. IMHO i would lower the volume of the music and turn up the volume of the bike, if you can do this, because i love to hear the bikes. But other than that great vids man keep em comin if you can i love to download videos. By the way what helmet cam did you buy?

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
gospeedracer, nothin like the desert is there...but the trees are fun too! :cool:

Okie, thanks for the link. I have been thinking of streamimg. I'll check it out tonight. I wonder why you "can't get there". Do you know anyone who knows something about computers! ;) Maybe they could help you...hehehehehee

Person8. I agree. I'm planning on putting the camera down towards the neck line of the helmet. Drives me nuts looking at my visor. I almost took it off!

marcv125, I agree with you about more bike sound, and less music. That's what I don't like about the jumping tapes. Too much music. I would rather hear their bikes. It can be done...and will. I'll be making more short movies out the Bartlett ride today. I'll post when they're up.

I bought the complete setup with the mic from helmetcamera.com.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
cool, i love to hear bikes.
Looks like you have a really fun place to ride. I wish i had more places like that around here. Trails are fun but there arent too many places around here. Looks like there you have a whole desert to yourself.
Thanks again.
Marc

Pat Burroughs

Sep 10, 1999
Music . . . One Way Out, Allman Brothers, and of course Bad Motor Scooter by Montrose.

Just watched the video . . . too cool. It's killing me living this far from the desert. Riding anywhere else just isn't the same.

Last edited:

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
The link worked just fine for me. I though the music was just a little bit too loud though. I like being able to hear the bike, but the music just about drowned it out. Also, I felt like I was looking down. I dont know about the rest of ya, but I dont look at my handlebars and front fender when I'm riding....I lood at where I'm going. While you are watching the vid, you notice that the horizon is BARELY below the top of the frame of the picture...I'd recommend adjusting the camera up just a little.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
I like where your riding, but that music :| A little faster of song, and it would make is seem like your riding faster. Other than that, its pretty cool.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
The link worked just fine for me. I though the music was just a little bit too loud though. I like being able to hear the bike, but the music just about drowned it out. Also, I felt like I was looking down. I dont know about the rest of ya, but I dont look at my handlebars and front fender when I'm riding....I lood at where I'm going. While you are watching the vid, you notice that the horizon is BARELY below the top of the frame of the picture...I'd recommend adjusting the camera up just a little.

Hey man give the guy some credit at least. :) He is still experimenting with the camera. He said he was going to adjust the camera position and make it so you hear more of the bikes. I think it is very cool that someone is posting videos for us to watch. Very cool Singltracker500

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Very nice vid! I love Santana! Ya want some whoops to go along with those Pine trees someone is sending you?? We've got plenty.

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Pat, thanks, those songs have been added to my list.

Marc, I can take the critisism, that's what I need to hear to make the next movies better. But what I really need is some Mojo tweeking! I only have "decent" mojo! :whiner:

Fred, no thanks on the whoops. We have plenty of them already. I'm still waiting for the pine trees, I hope they get here soon. :cool:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Hey ST500! Cool vids, man! I've begun my search for gainful employment in the SW. Will be in NM the end of the month. With this footage, I am even more fired up about riding the desert.

Muchos gracias, Amigo!

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
One complaint!

ST500,

Now I've gotta have one! :) :)

Cool video. High Res, full screen is awesome!

That was my first test ride on the AF500 too. Sounds great. Add that to the list. This thread is getting pricey. ;)

How durable is the camera? I tend to use my helmet often. :ugg:

Scott

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom