Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
I can't figure out why I waited until just before spring to purchase some studio lights, but no one ever said I was very smart. :coocoo: Sure would have made the winter go buy a bit better if I would have had these to play with. Oh well. I have a whole whack of learning ahead of me, so if any of you have any good websites that I can look at, please post up a link.

I popped off around 50 frames when I got the lights out of the box, and I thought these 2 came out ok. Man I really need to find some models. :laugh:

_F8B7030-copy.jpg

_F8B7010.jpg

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
So you are saying that I should bring them and we can do a raunchy hotel shoot? :yikes:

Check your email for details.

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
I was looking at getting some bees, but it looked like a pain in the butt to import them into Canada, not to mention the cost at the border. I figured these would get me started in a studio type setting, and could always upgrade if I figure them out and if I actually use them.

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
truly, the hassles you guys have with imports, along with other countries really bites.
You'll do well.
In my Portrait/still life class, yea the instructor, a pro, does reccomend high bucks stuff, (much more than you or I spent )but he also shows that super-effective ligthing can be done, no matter what the cost of the equipment.
two items for your wish list:
1.largest softbox you can afford
2. two "grids" with pretty narrow angles.
we used the above in class to make shots that were very good.

Top Bottom