Boycott FMF

Whoops

Jun 19, 2000
Whew Lutz!

You may want to cut back on the caffine.;)
Okay, now I get it. FMF hasn't ever caused you any problems but everybody else has had problems. So your'e on a crusade to punish FMF with a boycott so they will see the error of their ways and become a better company. Right?

Does FMF know about this? I mean, have you ever contacted them and told them to expect a boycott? Maybe they don't know about this problem and just threating a boycott would bring them back on track.

Just for the record. My FMF Gnarly pipe leaks so I'm already boycotting them. You can add that to your list of demands. :silly:

Man, I love a good flame:confused:

Whoops

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
I can attest to FMF pipes not fitting well. The fatty I got for my KX takes some work to get it on, and it leaks. Plus I dont want to be like all the posers that buy FMF clothes in the mall. Im switching to Pro Circuit.

Lutz

Oct 3, 2001
Hah! I don't have any caffine in my system! It's purely a desire to get something done. ;)

Yeah, FMF hasn't ever directly caused me any problems, but they do have a strong affect on the whole dirtbike aftermarket, so indirectly, they may cause me some problems. Yes I am on a crusade, I guess. Fmf was a very good company at one time, that is why they are the oldest and biggest aftermarket company in this sport. However they have gone down hill. I would like them to become a better company again: because that would force all their competitors to get better, and might keep the companies I use from burning me in the future, and just maybe it might make me want to actually use their products.

Nope, I haven't contacted fmf yet, but then again the whole idea just came to me. They will hear about it.

I'm sure they have heard about the problems though, because I have heard from many people that they have complained..Probably not to the people on top though.

I'll do what I can to tell fmf what I'm thinking. And I hope everyone else will too.

P.S. In response to the last post: were getting somewhere already. What this whole deal is really about is people not getting ripped off by fmf. Every person that doesn't get ripped off matters!

Last edited:

dix

Nov 24, 2001
Hey Lutz,

Just installed the FMF Fatty on my KX 250, and you're right, the fit sucks! I made sure to buy an FMF silemcer as well to ensure that the mated well, but they didn't. Where the silencer connects to the stinger, it appears to come up about an inch short, and the mounting locations were off center as well. I can't understand why they can't build these to fit perfectly. I have to believe that the pipes are built on some sort of jig. Why can the Japs get it right on the factory pipes, and not FMF? Also, the brand new pipe has some rust around the welds by the monting brackets. It has never seen water yet!! What a crock of you know what!!!

Top Bottom