HSK1

Nov 19, 2005
Is it worth the investment in buying a set of aftermarket reeds
for my 1997 KDX 220 i have been offfered a set of boyesen pro series reeds

duke

Oct 9, 1999
The reeds are an excellent accompaniment with an aftermarket pipe or just by themselves. They are cheap, easy to install and offer a noticeable power enhancement

KDXMAC

Sep 13, 2004
duke said:
The reeds are an excellent accompaniment with an aftermarket pipe or just by themselves. They are cheap, easy to install and offer a noticeable power enhancement

I agree....I fitted a set to my 98 200 and the difference was quite noticable.......good bang for your buck product

duke

Oct 9, 1999
Dewster said:
Where? low, mid, top?

Basically everywhere, but most certainly along the bottom to mid, with no ill effect on the top. Go the Boyesen web site and note that they offer two different type of reeds designed to enhance different ranges of the power band. I chose those that render better preformance in the low to mid since that satisfies my needs and demands. You will need to adjust the jetting a smidge since the reeds instill a richening effect. Call Boyesen like I did and seek their opinion of what would best meet your needs. When combined with an aftermarket pipe and silencer, you will have acheived the single biggest power enhancements possible

Top Bottom