76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Don't let us tell you if there is a power difference or not, feel it for yourself. There isn't anything that needs to be done before replacing. Pulling the rear subframe instead of trying to work between the air box boot and intake boot makes things really easy.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
If you got 2-stage reeds, you may notice a better bottom end response. Carbon fiber will give you a little more top end pull but nothing huge.

keithcr250r

Apr 18, 2007
im pretty sure vforce are the better off the 2..i just had a problem reeds dont fit the standard holes...they arnt even close to lining up with my old reeds...my local dealer told me u can fit straight on to standard casing..should i take them back or drill new holes?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
For whatever reason if the holes do not line up then there is a parts problem,you have the wrong cage.Bolt ons usually do just that,no fabrication needed.Go to boyesen website and verify the correct part number with what you have,if it is correct then contact boyesen.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
If your old reeds were real bad youll notice big a difference. I had a 92 rm 125 that had some pretty bad stock reeds, so I replaced them with Boyesen carbon dual-stages. They made a big difference in starting, bottom end and response. Oh, and they screwed in the stock cage in the correct holes.

sutto_gtr

May 13, 2007
hey can you answer this

hey im thinking about changing my reeds what should i look for in looks and feeling of how it runs to decide weither they need changing..?

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Just inspect them. If they are chipped, cracked, or don't seat against the reed block, then they need to be replaced. It will be fairly obvious.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
If you take them out right after you ride a small amount of fuel will stay on the cage. Look at where the reeds touch the cage, if there are any light spots they aren't sealing. Also look for frayed ends or cracks.

2strks4evr

Feb 5, 2007
I Installed Boyeson Pro Series Reeds In My 03 Cr.for The Money They Were Great.they Gave The Bike More Power Everywhere.then My Wife Got Me Some V-force Reeds,i Almost Didn't Want To Change Them Because It Ran So Good.the V-force Reeds Were Even Better.my Bike New, Had A Light Switch For A Powerband,very Short!no Bottom,a Little In The Middle,then A Hit,and It Was Over.the Boyeson's Gave It More Bottom To Mid And A Bigger Hit. The V-force Gave It More Everywhere.either One Though Is A Great Improvement. :)

Mar 16, 2007
so in your opinion since you have tried both brands of reeds. although Im sure both are good, which one do you personally like better? and which one would you reccomend for me to try? although I do understand that it is just 1 persons opinion and another may suggest somethign different

2strks4evr

Feb 5, 2007
I Guess It Depends What You Are Looking For.if You Bike Has A Powerspread Like Mine Did.either One Is A Defenite Improvement.the V Force Reeds I Prefer Over The Boyesons.and Mine Just Bolted Up,no Problems.you Wont Beleive It The Diference! :)

Top Bottom