boyesen reeds? worth the $$$ or no?

DirtRyder02

Mod Ban
Jul 18, 2002
would boyesen reeds be worth the $40 to get for my '82 rm125? what advatiges will i get with these reeds? low-end, top-end? any help is welcome!!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Depends which ones you get. I have the Power reeds and they help my lower to mid. They sell the Pro reeds and they are made for mid to upper. I paid around 30 bucks for the Power ones and I think the Pro ones are more. I liked them and noticed the difference. Not usre about an 82' RM though.

Elk

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
That's stupid I posted a few days ago and now it is deleted, well here is my information again.....

The early 80s RMs suffered from a big lack of bottom end (I know so cause my cousin owned one) but made up for it with a screaming topend powerband! Boyesen only makes replacement reeds for older bikes like that in the form as Power Reeds (fiberglass), the Pro Series (carbon-fiber) are made for newer MX bikes from like 1990 - up. I don't think you'll feel a difference in performance with the Power Reeds vs. O.E.M, but if the current reeds are worn in the bike now then getting new reeds for it will definetly feel crisper and better.

EngIceDave

Nov 2, 2001
I had one of those about 5 yrs ago. I LOVED IT!!

ZERO Bottom end...and almost nothing will help it.

I tried pipes, reeds, everything.

I didn't mind it though, I always loved racing 125's and revving their guts out.

Good thing for you is, you WILL HAVE TO LEARN to keep it revving and on the pipe. If you let it fall off, it falls on it's face.

Once you learn to ride that thing pinned and on the pipe, and you move on to another 125, you'll ride it like a pro. The 1982 RM125 is a great learning tool, if you want to learn how to ride on the pipe.

It's a lightswitch. It's on and screaming or it's off and bogging to get out of it's own way.

Rev it until you think it's going to blow up, then shift.

Keep it pinned brother, that's the only way you'll get it to go.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…