Boyesen Reeds

nitro5185

Apr 25, 2003
I have an 83 CR125 that I was gonna put new reeds on. My bike had the reed stop taken off when I got the bike. Their fiberglass reeds comes with a rev plate. But, the Carbon Fiber Pro Series dont come with one, I was wondering if they need a rev plate/reed stop or not?. Also has anyone run the Pro series carbon fiber reed setup and is it any better than the regular fiberglass reed setup?

falcon1

Mar 20, 2003
I just put on a set of boyesen pro series reeds on my 93 cr250 and they made a noticeable difference over the stock reeds. Smoother but crisper hit in the midrange and more response and overrev. As for the rev plate, they say if it doesnt come with them you need to use the stock limiters.

nitro5185

Apr 25, 2003
Thats the problem, I dont have the stock limiter. When i got the bike it was already gone.

falcon1

Mar 20, 2003
I wouldnt run it without the proper parts in it. Sounds like its time for a trip to your local honda dealer.

nitro5185

Apr 25, 2003
Well, Right now I am using some type of fiberglass reeds with no limited and there are no problems without a limiter. I was looking to upgrade and get some new ones, I think mine are worn out.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…