bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I was on boyesen's web site the other day and they were advertising their new single stage reeds.Just like oem's specifications,but more durable.carbon fiber or resin.I called them up ordered a set for my 00 kx 250 which i have a set of their power reeds in their already.For those who own a 00 kx 250 you know the bottom right reed don't last long with the oem's i kept trashing mine in 2 hrs.,but man the oem's on the kx can you say throttle response and crisp.The boyesen power reeds are good also,and they last, very good reliability with the kx motor.I wanted the same throttle response that i get with the oem's.I called them up i had a set the next day resins,i just put them in. I warmed it up then started cracking,oh yeah ,i know i just had this on a stand,but my bike has that great response and great crispness back and i mean crisp,just like the oem's.It is pretty cold here, I did not take it out for a whirl,but I am very impressed with the throttle response and how sharp it sounds. I will be back after a few rides and see what they do and how they hold up.By the way i have said this before,but it can't hurt They have great customer service.

Last edited:

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
super stock reeds by boyesen report

Took my bike out yesterday,first time with the super stock reeds.I made sure i wen't over the same course to compare the super stock with the power reeds.There is a corner a little tight,i was taking it in 3rd gear before and after the reed change.Right away i noticed it pulled right out of the corner,with no clutch work ,it comes right on, the rpm's definetly pick up quicker just like stock.There is also a right hand sweeper 3rd gear, right before a 80 ft uphill a little sandy,i was grabbing 4th gear sooner and it pulled it without a hipcup,The rpm's going into the next gear a little early pump right up.The power reeds(DUAL STAGE) aren't slacker's either,but they give you a more gradual and smoother pull.What i was suprised about,the super stock reeds come on harder and i thought since the power reeds give you a smoother draw i will lose some feeling of the top end pull with the super stock,but that was not the case.With the super stock reeds it seems you get there quicker,but i did not lose any top.The kx isn't the greatest up top the pull isn't too broad ,but from bottom up to 3/4 can you say grunt.(I THINK THEY FLATTEN A LITTLE EARLY) .I will check out that bottom right corner of the reed for breakage after another 2 rides.That is where the oem reeds were breaking in a very short time.I am hoping the super stock reeds hold up like the power reeds if they do i have a winner.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
UPDATE

I have 5 hrs on the super stock reeds ,I pulled the reed cage today,The reeds looked great especially the right bottom,that was the one i was breaking in 2 hrs.Boyesen has another winner.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by BEEF706
Hey bigred, thanks for the info. I think I'll try a set on my CR. BTW, aht's a guy with a high class name like that doin on a green bike? :p
LOL I bled red for yrs until the 97 and 98 cr, i switched to kx in 98,just kept my screen name.I still have a little red in me,but i am finding it hard to leave the green side.Yo let me know what you think of the ss reeds.I am very impressed.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom