Boyeson vs. V-Force Delta reeds ??

edburger

Sep 4, 2010
^^ the vforce kit does have a boot and reed cage, along w/ reeds. I've been looking at these too. I'm a newb, too, so all I have is my researching abilities, and I am not tech-savvy (although I CAN read and follow instructions--so I do as much as I can).

I looked on sites that cross reference by make/model. I found the vforce full kit on one parts site that did this, so I know there's one for mine ('92 KDX), I haven't found a boysen full kit yet - just reeds, although the jUST KDX tips mention the full RAD kit... so it should be available somewhere, or there's an easy mod/fix to fit one. from everyone I have talked to the reed upgrade will improve throttle response and power a little bit. I dunno about the idle tho. I think that's more mechanical (carb tuning?) You'd have to ask some one who knows more...

All I can say is when your looking for a part, do alot of research, look for reviews on catalog sites, write down all your purchase sources, along w/ model #'s, then ask around/post before making a final decision.
Good luck! It's a little work finding stuff for the kdx...

thanks for the link, matt. I will install and check it out... That "carb holder" (Reed boot, intake manifold? what is the right generic term for this???) stock from kawi was 56.99 + tax! For a freekin piece of rubber?...

Good luck in your search, it's an adventure finding out about a "new" ride.

omrik88

Dec 5, 2009
Thanks alot for your help Edburger! I appreciate it :)

I asked MotoTassinari and they said the right kit for the c3 is V313A . And it is sold WITHOUT the Carb Boot(holder). I think the same kit is suppose to fit all years KDX 200/220?, but check before you buy.
I have asked some other places and heard that the V-force kit should greatly increase throttle response,improve low end power,improve the engine's torque curve.
It does not make sense that they sell this kit without the boot.............
I guess if this is the case, i have to find a OEM boot and new reeds for my stock cage.
*The OEM name for the boot is "carburetor holder".
*By the way - someone on ebay is selling a used boyesen kit for cheap if it's not sold yet. but i heard the Vforce is much better.
These old parts are hard to get. If you know of a place that sells NOS or used parts for KDX - please let me know.
Thanks again and good luck!

Dirtdame

Apr 10, 2010
omrik88 said:
I think the same kit is suppose to fit all years KDX 200/220?, but check before you buy.
I checked on one website and it listed the same part number for my 1986 KDX200 as it did for my 2003 220.

Top Bottom