Boyesun to save the 2 stroke??

stroker

Mar 19, 2000
2006 was supposed to be the year that new EPA regulation kicked in and could potentially wipe out our 2 strokes for use anywhere other then a closed course, we are almost there and looks like there may be a huge break through in technology coming!

I have now seen two write ups ( one in MXA and one in inside motorcycles, both this months issues) where they have a short clip on Boyesun's latest project.

He claims he has figured out a way to make a 2 stroke burn cleaner then current 4 strokes, plus the new engine design increases low end torque by 50%!!!! :yikes:

The key seems to be an adjustable exhaust port that seals better. He says the new engine is lighter and simplier then a 4 stroke,(easier to maintain and cheaper to repair) cleaner burning, and produces lots of torque.

If this is true, this is the biggest news I have read in years!!! A 2 stoke with this design producing low end torque like a 4 stroke but with the simplicity of a 2 stroke, low weight, etc etc it will change everything!

Anyone else have any info on this ... Rich? Eric?

binthedirtnow

Mar 29, 2005
Is this true that I will not be able to ride my dirtbike on trails in the vehicle recreation areas?? The government is going to ban 2-strokes?? Where can I find out more about this??
B.

captblue1

Sep 8, 2004
stroker said:
A 2 stoke with this design producing low end torque like a 4 stroke

doesn't a 2 stroke already make more torque than a 4 stroke. i'm talking about comparing apples and apples ( 250 vs 250) not a 450 vs 250 or any other combination you can come up with. i saw torque curves that someone posted (can't find them now) but i remember looking at them and the 2strokes made more torque and hp at every rpm. Someone enlighten me if i'm wrong

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
A 2 stroke produces less torque comprared to a 4 stroke we ride according to ma rules etc, for the same size engine a 2 stroke kills a 4 stroke on power and torque.

Detonator

Jul 7, 2003
Bombardier is currently working on a similar solution

That's because it's a Quebec company. We are superior to everyone in every way. And universally beloved by both Canadians and Americans. Vive le Quebec.

detonator ducks as tomatoes fly from all cardinal directions

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Bombardier and Quebec suck. I built was of them clean 2 stroke gizmos in my shop a few weeks back. As always, a studious farmboy whips Quebec's ass. ;)

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
nephron said:
Bombardier and Quebec suck. I built was of them clean 2 stroke gizmos in my shop a few weeks back.../QUOTE]

What?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Detonator said:
That's because it's a Quebec company. We are superior to everyone in every way.

Which is why they had to import a scary smart American guy from Wisconsin to make the DI two-stroke happen . :cool:

Detonator

Jul 7, 2003
I know nothing about facts, truth, or 2 stroke development. I am, however, a black-belt in stirring up trouble.
I have flown over Wisconsin, and was underwhelmed. I can see why super smart guy would like to relocate here, to live in the land of maple syrup, cultural diversity, and super-hot girls. We even have better cheese than Wisconsin, which takes away their one "raison d'être," if I may sparkle some French in there.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Detonator said:
I have flown over Wisconsin, and was underwhelmed. I can see why super smart guy would like to relocate here, to live in the land of maple syrup, cultural diversity, and super-hot girls.

He works and lives in the US. I said he was SMART. ;)

mxer_69

Dec 14, 2000
Ahh...another start to a Canadian bashing thread....what a surprise. I'll just ignore this one and take my "I can ride from my back-yard and not have to worry about my riding areas being shut down" ass out of here. No seriously...i'll sick our 6 army dudes and a bag full of elastics after your ars. And my hot girl has most of her teeth and can just about see her toes....can you beat that?? :nener: BOO-YA!!

All in fun guys...all in fun

I don't care who invents this contraption....just figure something out!! I love my 2 stroke. :cool:

Detonator

Jul 7, 2003
I should work for the Department of Tourism.

Britt, I didn't say Canadian girls were hot...I said Quebec girls were. [Detonator notices red spot on shirt where sniper has fixed crosshairs] BTW, I've been to Oregon a couple of times...I can see why you like Portland women. Who can resist a lady with a deep-seated crack habit? [Britt adjusts scope to zoom in where Detonator's heart is supposed to reside]

At any rate, I hope Bombardier does release the new technology soon. I'd love to see Can-Am revived. Nothing like two drum brakes, conventional forks, metal gas tank, and a big air-cooled motor to strike fear into spodes with CRF450s. I'd also like to see early 90's riding gear reintroduced...nothing screams "Extreme Sport" like pastel pinks and fluorescent greens on a white background.

slipnslide

May 3, 2004
You probably already know about it, but Bimota made a 500cc v-twin DI 2-stroke sportbike in +/- 2000/2001 called the v-due. They had to stop the release due to injector problems. :( .

Top Bottom