StevenJ128

Sep 10, 2002
I got a pair of Asterisk knee braces for Christmas. I got them fitted, and put on my new Alpinestar tech-6 boots, and they slide down. Has anyone else had this problem? I need some help, I would like to use them when I go ride tommorow. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
You have them too loose.
The top boot strap should also be tight.

Several people, including myself have reversed the bottom lace up system. This allows you to pull up on the laces to tighten.

WRFjockey

Aug 29, 2001
I have the same problem, although I haven't tried with my boots on yet.

I have done them up as tight as I can and yet after I have a short walk around, when I sit down the knee joint has slipped down.

I will also try with my boots on and see if this solves the problem.

Kwackers

Sep 15, 2000
I had the same problem and have two fixes, one is when putting the braces on take your time and work out a routine that works, mine is to put one brace on and tension it, then put the other on and tension it , do a couple of squats to settle them (this also expands your muscles and pulls the strap into place) then go back and retension as tight as is comfortable. Sounds more work but it isn't really. The second bit of advice is to make sure your pants are well pulled up around the knee, especially if the braces make them a tight fit, it took me a while to realise that when I bent my knees my pants were pulling the brace down.

Top Bottom