XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
This looks interesting . . . :think
from RacerX
Damon Bradshaw set for AX series

"I'm so excited about this, it scares me." That's Damon Bradshaw, talking about his upcoming run in the 2001-'02 National Arenacross Series. Bradshaw will ride all 72 main events this season on factory-supplied Yamahas, with a list of sponsors including No Fear, Mechanixwear, Renthal, and a few others to be announced.

"Damon Bradshaw will be great for the arenacross series, and the arenacross series will be great for Damon," said No Fear's Jeff Surwall. "I like to work with riders that 'make' events, and I feel Damon is one of those riders."

Bradshaw will tour the country in a large motorhome and trailer as he begins his first full season as a racer since 1997, when he rode motocross and supercross for Manchester Honda.
The Budman leaveth, the Beast from the East, er, Idaho comes in swinging. Arenacross is moving up a rung, my friends!:)

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I hope Bad-shaw has got all of the drive back in him. If he has and gets to training I'd say he a legitimate title contender. Make us Idahoans proud Damon.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Yamaha Announces Bradshaw Return

from RacerX online:
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to announce the addition of Damon Bradshaw to Yamaha's racing team. Damon "The Beast from the East" Bradshaw makes his return to AMA professional racing after a 3-year hiatus to compete in the National Arenacross Series.

"I raced a few local arenacrosses this past winter, did better than I expected and had a blast," explains Bradshaw. "The format, racing 125s and 250s on back-to-back nights, the tracks, the tight racing, it all motivated me to race the entire series. I'm fortunate Yamaha is backing my return, because that's where I had my success as an amateur and factory rider. The only trouble was deciding whether to race two-strokes or four-strokes - Yamaha makes too many stinkin' YZs!"

This does surprise me that Yamaha is stepping up to help Damon. I thought there'd be some bad blood between the two camps. I may have to check out the Tacoma round now, if for nothing else, at least to check out Mrs. Bradshaw (hottie alert!);)

kfrost

Apr 27, 2001
Bradshaw was back at the beginning of the year. He came back to Charlotte and raced pretty much every weekend at the first of the year. He did the Arena Cross in Raliegh and Charlotte, and didn't even come close to losing a heat. He ran about the first half of the Mega and Ultra series. He raced Mike Brown once or twice. He beat him on the 250's. He also battled Larry Ward at Devil's Ridge back in April. Ward winning 125 and Bradshaw just walked away on the 250's.

You can check the results at www.victory-sports.com. He definitely still had speed specifically on the 250's. However, not sure about the training dedication. Anyway, great to see that the rumors of him running ArenaCross look to be true!!!!

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Interesting development for 02, eh?

"AX superstar gets ass thoroughly kicked in SX, whilst fully retired former SX king dominates AX...":)

Hmmmm--what's the theme here?:think

By the way, what's this Beast from the East?
Idaho is east of....???Oh yeah, California. :silly:

Top Bottom