Apr 26, 2000
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2001 KTM which after it sits for a couple of days the front brake turns to mush and has to be bleed to get it to work correctly again. After the bleed it works fine but after a few day mush. any ideas?

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Sounds like you have a trapped air bubble that is working its way back up to the master cylinder. Sometimes the best way to bleed stubborn front brakes completely is to remove the entire front brake circuit from the bike and hang it so it is perfectly vertical to help get around the upward loop of the front brake line.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Don't bleed out the bottom in this case, bleed out the top. I just pull the cover off the top and pump the lever slowly. If there is air, you'll see tiny bubbles coming out. Once the bubbles stop and the lever firms up, finish off by bleeding out the caliper.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The best trick that I've heard is to wrap several rubber bands around the brake lever and handlebar. The constant preasure will force the air into the reservoir. Then you merely add fluid to top it off. It may take some time but it seems to work.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom