Biglmbass

Jul 29, 2002
I'm looking for a stock or atermarket front brake lever for a 2003 XR70. My son kinked his up pretty good. I think I can strainghten it out, however I'd like to have a backup lever as well.

I'd like to not pay an arm and a leg if possible, therefore I haven't checked w/ my local Honda dealer. Can anyone point me to a good source? I've checked the popular auction site w/ no luck.

BTW, is there an aftermarket lever that provides a shorter "reach" that would allow an 8-year-old to reach the lever w/out changing his grip on the throttle?

Thanks in advance.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'm not positive but you might size up a brake lever assy. from something like the KTM Adventure 50 for a more kid sized lever that should fit the XR bars.

Biglmbass

Jul 29, 2002
Just passing this along in the interest of sharing information...

Found a replacement lever and perch assembly at my local Honda dealer. It's a Parts Unlimited part (#43-1101R) for $7.95. The lever is a "shorty" and it proved to be ideal for my application as it greatly reduced the "reach" distance from throttle to lever. Though this is a universal part made to fit many Honda applications, it looks perfect on my son's XR70 and is ideal for his little fingers/hands.

Top Bottom