muddertrucker

Aug 24, 2006
Here is the situation: here in the prov. of quebec there are not very many spots where you can LEGALY ride a motocross or a trail bike. Quads however have a vast sytem of trails that go just about everywere. These trails are governed and maintained by regional clubs. These clubs must follow laws wich are applied by the provincial off road vehicle association.

Here's where it gets ticky, this association makes no difference between quads and trail bikes but gives the right to the clubs to restrain acces to the trails. So the quad clubs decided they don't want motorcycles in their trails. Enduro riders have been doing what they can to gain access to the same trails as quads for several years now.

We're pretty close to it but the only problem is now we're going to have find a way to instal all the same accesories wich come stock on quads(headlight, speedometer, mirror, rear marker light and a brake light.) not to forget the fact that any modifications to exhaust systems will become illigal.

So to make a long story short, I need a brake light. I've looked on the net and there are some available, but there just so ugly. I find they stick out to far. I was thinking of modifing mine by drilling a hole in it and adding a second light socket. I've seen it done on cop cars and shouldn't be complicated but was wondering if anybody knew of another way to add a brake light to a KDX

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
I got a 3-way bulb base from the auto parts store for a 1157 bulb and installed it in the factory tail light housing. Wired it hydraulic switch to the rear caliper, ran my 2 power and 1 ground wire.

I'm not sure exactly how it would work on a stock bike though, mine is converted to floating ground for a 12V DC system for my Baja Designs kit (I hated the tail light that came with it, and destroyed my under-fender UFO, so I went with the modified stock stuff now).

MUDMAX

Jan 7, 2003
Hey Muddertrucker, where are you located in this "Beautiful but hard-to-ride" province of Quebec ? I'm in quebec city. Also have you ever ride in a ZEC ? These are very good place if you to ride at full throttle !!!

See you.

Top Bottom