duke

Oct 9, 1999
Something as mundane as the installation of new brake pads has caused me to seek consultation here in this forum. Basically the EBC replacement pads for 99 KDX200 feature, what appear to be, smaller holes which prohibit the OEM brake pins to slide through. Also, in the back of the replacement pads are indintations for two small brake cylinder pistons, not one large one as is found on the brake calibre itself. The parts shop from where I bought the pads are adamant that they sold me the right units. I shouldnt have to force the pins through the holes should I?

Bill

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Scrape the paint off of the inside of the pin holes. It should be a tight fit. As for the two indentations, the pads you have fit a lot of diffrent bikes, so I would not worry about it. The aforementioned pads, 152, 152/2X, are the same shape and all, just thicker for diffrent model bikes. Hope that helps.

duke

Oct 9, 1999
Thanks all. I will try it. I am sure a little tweaking on my part will result in the pads being installed.

Bill

duke

Oct 9, 1999
They were worn down evenly. In fact the wear on them was within acceptable levels for continued use, but since I already had the tire off for replacment, I elected to seize the moment and just replace the pads. The fronts were worn more since I apply thye use of the front brake more then the rear

Bill

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
I had to modify my 152X's too, with a drill. Thought I was going crazy. Watch the wear if you're riding in muddy/gritty conditions. They won't last 10 years in that, mine lasted almost one enduro.

Nit-pick: Does anyone else have any problems getting the piston side pad out and back in? Even when I cheat the caliper over to that side, there is from just-enough to not-enough room. I think some pad manufacturers are smaller than others.

Top Bottom