Brake Pads...what kind to buy?

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
It's about time for the first set of brake pads (that I'm replacing) on my 2000 KDX 200. I was wondering what everyone's opinion of pad was. Also, what kind of material do I need? I ride a lot of wet, muddy, rocky conditions. Are the OEM pads worth the money?

Thanks!

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
I buy sintered metal, whatever brand is cheapest ($15 from rocky mountain). They all seem to wear out pretty quickly in the rear. I have run Moose, EBC and stock, they all seem to be about he same, short lived. So now I buy whatever is cheapest in sintered metal(best for mud/water).

Waffle

Oct 19, 2004
I have had great luck with the Moose pads. I burned through the stockers and then a set of EBC sintered pads in about 3 months - riding a lot of New England slop. The Moose pads have been in for close to 6 months now and are about ready to be replaced. I'll definately buy Moose again. I'm also going to go with a solid rear rotor when that needs to be replaced which should extend the pad life in mud.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
I've been happy with my EBC pads. My bike gets me to work a lot (dual sported) so it sees a lot of road time. I burnt up my stock pads very quickley last season. I switched to EBC's this spring. They have easily 3 times the miles/time on them as the stock pads, and are showing less wear. I was surprised, I just got the cheapest junk I could find so I could afford to burn through them. Very happy! :)

jakenepa

Feb 26, 2006
beware those tusk pads, i burned them up in 6 hours of riding. they only cost
$ 15.00 so my guess is they are cheeeap! i'm trying d.p. brand and they are quite expensive at $43.00, but i understand they are comparable to oem(which lasted for 1100 miles, hard trail riding.

JohnRaven.exe

Jun 5, 2006
I also bought DP Brake Pads.... They were $27

The ones I bought say they are good in wet, dry, mud, ect ect.... So hopefully they will serve me well when I get my bike back together :)

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
Pretty funny...I posted this over a year ago and just toasted my pads riding this weekend. I got the Tusk pads for X-mas last year and didn't actually need them until now. I hope they work good. :)

Top Bottom