S13_marine

Feb 3, 2009
I"m having trouble getting my rear brake to work. I replaced the resevoir cup, seal, and diaphram, filled with new fluid, bled the brakes untill no bubbles.... still, it will lock the back wheel when the tire's off the ground on the stand, but if i'm riding it, i get nothing unless i pump it and then hold it, and even then it's still not very strong. There doesn't seem to be and fluid leaking anywhere. Any ideas? Master cylinder??? Thanks for your help.

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
I had something similar happen on my '02 CR250. Went to the track one day and had a super weak rear brake. Pads were NOT worn out, just not new. They looked like they had at least half of their life left..

Turns out i was racing in the mud the weekend before and basically trashed the rear pads. Even though they looked like they still had lots of life, the lever couldn't squeeze 'em enough to get any hold.

After doing all of the same things you did, I just went and bought new pads. Problem fixed :)

S13_marine

Feb 3, 2009
Yeah, the pads seemed to be in fairly decent shape, so i never second guessed them. I'll replace those next and see where that leaves me. If that doesn't work i'm just going to replace the master cylinder, lines, and rear caliper.... thanks for your advice

Top Bottom