trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I crashed on a jump yesterday night and the handlebars/brake lever got most of the shock. Now the lever is free (no pressure at all when I pull on it) and of course the bike won't brake. There is still some oil in the reservoir and nothing seems to leak. I tried bleeding the line but with no success. Anyone got some ideas? Thanks.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Anyone?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Could be that your master cylinder is trashed.

I would open the bleeder on the caliper and pull the lever, see what happens.

If you get brake fluid squirting out, it's not the master cylinder. If not you may have found the problem.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Ok I'll try that. Thanks!

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
IndyYZ85 said:
Could be that your master cylinder is trashed.

I would open the bleeder on the caliper and pull the lever, see what happens.

If you get brake fluid squirting out, it's not the master cylinder. If not you may have found the problem.

Little or no brake fluid is going out. I checked took the piston off from the master cylinder and both seals or whatever you call them seam to be ok. The problem remains. Anymore ideas?

TwittyMC

Aug 15, 2006
you are getting air in your brake line

when you bleed it, stick about two feet of clear plastic hose that fits snug over your bleeder (get from hardware store), then put the other end of that hose in some brake fluid thats sitting in some kind of resevior. THis keeps the end of the hose underwater so no air can get in when the brakes are pumped, take apart your master cylinder and check it and pump your brake or push it with a socketdriver if your lever is broken untill no more air bubbles are in the hose coming out of the bleeder. By now the brake should be very firm and hard to push in. Tighten the bleeder, fill her up and you should be alright, if not then who knows

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
trial_07 said:
Little or no brake fluid is going out. I checked took the piston off from the master cylinder and both seals or whatever you call them seam to be ok. The problem remains. Anymore ideas?

I would take the line off of the master cylinder and check to see if there is flow out of it. If not, then you may have a line that is crushed or blocked somehow.

Top Bottom