rathomas

Nov 6, 2006
Both disks on my CR250R '01 are in need of replacement. Can anyone make an recommendations for the best route to go with for replacement discs/pads for both type and brand. I am a C/D rider, and ride weekly on both hard and soft terrain tracks. I have been told that going faster is partly done through learning to control and accuracy in braking and cornering, so I definitely want to get this right.

Which type of rotors are better round or wave? or is it dependent on conditions?

Are oversized rotors important for the best feel and braking ability?

Does a better brake cable help reduce sponginess in the feel when you are certain that they are already bled and have fresh fluid?

Thanks for advise..

Ryan Thomas

B

biglou

It depends on your budget. You can get Tusk discs from Rocky Mountain for about $60-75 each, and brake pads for cheap. Beyond that, they have a few options for round or wave. Wave looks cool, but I can't tell a diff on the front. It's not oversized, though. If you go oversized, price goes up, but so does the stopping power, supposedly.

As for brake line, I've heard a braded stainless steel line does improve the feel noticeably.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Get the stock rotors and pads. Haven't tried a steel line yet but that is next on my list.

Top Bottom