HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Haven't tried them. I did read a review on them in one of the mags, I don't remember which I was in a grocery store reading them all waiting for my wife. It said that they work well, but mostly because they use execellent pads and they didn't think the wave rotor made that much difference.

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
The wave rotors cool very quickly. And because they cool quickly you get better stopping power. Oh yeah, they are also lighter then most disks and they don’t gather as much mud. If I could get them for my XR that’s what I would do!

Lee Wilson

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by LWilson250
The wave rotors cool very quickly. And because they cool quickly you get better stopping power. Lee Wilson

What exactly is it about the wave rotor that allows it to cool faster than a normal rotor?

TrackMaster

Mar 15, 2001
Not as much contact surface maybe? The wave rotors arent always touching the pads on top like a normal rotor would. Maybe the wave pattern makes the air flow differently over the rotor. Like a fan maybe? That isnt too scientific for yall now is it?:D Just some ideas..

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I was just on the KTM website looking at the factory pics of the 2001s (they don't have the 2002 pics yet) and are my eyes decieving me or do the KTMs have a sorta half wave rotor? I swear in the pics they do not look round.

Top Bottom