wicky

Jan 3, 2006
Hi, new rider here. Just got a bike for xmas from my boyfriend. Does anyone have any suggestions for under the pants wear? My boyfriend wears these riding shorts that have built in padding. Do they make anything specific for women? Is there anything that can prevent the frontal wedgie effect? Also, I just got these Fox womens tracker boots and the calf is too tight. The foot area is fine, it's just the second buckle from the top that seems to be a problem. I can't adjust it out any further.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Welcome to the site. What kind of bike did you get? Alpinestars makes a version of their tech 6 boot for women which is supposed to be pretty good.

ev..

Dec 14, 2005
Welcome

Just got a bike for xmas from my boyfriend
tell us more, please ... where, what why, how ...
Does anyone have any suggestions for under the pants wear??
when I will spend all day on the bike, sometimes padded bike shorts, normally bikini cut no cotton, I do not like buttfloss or sitting on a wet rag
Is there anything that can prevent the frontal wedgie effect?
now my English lacks - sorry
do you mean your panties creeping up? try a different cut, a size bigger, padded bicycle shorts, standing on the bike a lot more ...
Fox tracker boots and the calf is too tight. .. it's just the second buckle from the top that seems to be a problem.
cheap solution: zip-tie a 2nd strap to the original to prolong it, you get straps as a pack of 4 where you got the boots
what kind of shin guards do you wear? they come in different 'bulk'
BMW GS1, Sidi Force Flex and ARC 220v are extremely wide in the shaft

cya
ev

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'd trade those Trackers in if you can ... I had a pair, and they didn't hold up. they also don't provide as much protection as some other models.

As for shorts, I wear a pair of Moose padded shorts, and usually no panties or a thong. I don't have any bikini-cut or boy-short underwear that doesn't crawl, so I just try to eliminate the problem to start with. Besides, shorts + panties = one extra layer that do you really need??? LOL (this thread may go downhill fast). Anyway the shorts fit great, and do not creep or create wedgies. If there are any women's specific shorts, you may have to shop for them from a bicycle manufacturer, but the Moose shorts seem pretty unisex. They're spandex so they will conform to your shape, and it's not like there's a built-in cup or anything.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Welcome to the wonderful world of riding! Also welcome to the site,your addiction will soon come.

Crazy

Top Bottom