northguy

Jan 6, 2008
Hi Everyone,
I bought my sons some bikes this past summer, a KX 125 and a KX 100. The 100 runs super great, haven't had any problems yet.

The 125 has had major flooding problems since day 1, I clean it and change the sparkplug, it'll run for an hour or less and then it floods and won't start up. I've checked the compression and I get 120 on the gauge.

I don't know what to do, even the dealer has no answers, I don't think he has a real mechanic....

Please HELP!!!

lestat357

Dec 5, 2007
id say check the float thats the only thing i can think of right now.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
um... theres no such thing as a 2007 kx125. they stopped making them in '04 or '05 cant remember right now.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
JD_MXRacer said:
um... theres no such thing as a 2007 kx125. they stopped making them in '04 or '05 cant remember right now.

On that you'd be wrong.

Notice that he's in Canada..

http://www.teamgreennews.ca/en/news.php?588

northguy said:
Hi Everyone,
I bought my sons some bikes this past summer, a KX 125 and a KX 100. The 100 runs super great, haven't had any problems yet.

The 125 has had major flooding problems since day 1, I clean it and change the sparkplug, it'll run for an hour or less and then it floods and won't start up. I've checked the compression and I get 120 on the gauge.

I don't know what to do, even the dealer has no answers, I don't think he has a real mechanic....

Please HELP!!!

Either the jetting is too rich or the float isn't adjusted properly??

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I'm thinking the spark plug too. At least give it a try, since you're replacing the spark plug anyways. I'm guessing you're running a 9-heat range now, like BR9ES, so try a hotter 8 plug, like a BR8ES.

Canmx120

Mar 25, 2006
The wrong plug wont cause flooding... clean your carburator completely, my 2003 will sometimes flood and once it dumped a whole tank of fuel on the ground out the over flow. If you mean plug fouling, still dont change your plug. Change your jets. Buy one size leaner main and pilot jet and that should lean it out enough to stop the fouling. Using a plug hotter than what's recommended can melt a hole through your piston.
When I first got my bike I just used a hotter plug and at my first top end job my piston had been slightly melted in the center.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
I've had two KX's and can tell you they come jetted way rich. Do a search for Spanks jetting guide that is the procedure I use. It will serve you much better than guessing at the jetting. Do no be surprised if you need to drop 2-3 sizes on your jets.

emokid

Dec 7, 2006
this same thing happend to me it turned out to be that the im not sure what its called
but its hooked the the float to let gas in or not in

there was a little bit of green residue on the little pin that sometimes got stuck and left it open so it flooded it '

and it was the dealers fault too they had put gas in it just to let it sit there for months at a time

Top Bottom