Bridgestone Tires? VS. Michelin + Dunlop

jmutiger

Oct 10, 2001
Hey guys,

I can get Bridgestone tires at a smoking deal, but I wanted to make sure they arent' completely crap to ride.. I've used a 752 Front and rear and was completely happy with it, but I wanted to try the Michelin S12's as so many people rave about them.. But then money factors into it, and these Bridgestones are just cheaper (like alot cheaper for me)...

So, for sandy conditions, with some packed dirt which Bridgestone works well?

Jon!

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
I'm using the m59 & m 402 combo right now and they work very good, the 756's work good & the s12's work also but I chunk them to fast. so far the bridgestones have been looking like a good tire

jmutiger

Oct 10, 2001
Went out riding with a buddy this weekend, and after 150km he got a flat.. We got to a stealership, it was an hour away.. Anyways, by that time he needed a new tire, and all they had in stock was a Kenda Trackmaster.. I know these are supposed to be Dunlop 752 copies, which are DOT approved, but how do people like these tires? I like the 752, but I'm guessing a trakmaster isn't going to work on a MX track like the 752. These tires are way cheaper than anything else going, from what I've seen..

Any feedback on this is appreciated.

Jon!

ps. Total KM for the day was 362km!

Simon Fuller

May 17, 2001
When I first got my KDX it had a Kenda on the back and a Bridgestone on the front (can't remember which model). Rode on them till they were stuffed and changed to S12s. On loose sand I don't recall the Kenda being that bad, but the s12 is a better tire and in the mud you will really notice the difference.

The bridgestone on the front was not as good as the s12.

I believe good tyres are $ well spent and will make a huge difference to your riding, especially in tough conditions.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom