Briggs fuel filter on 2 stroke question.

cleopatrisha

Dec 16, 2006
Will a briggs & stratton lawnmower brand fuel filter (non fuel pump type). work ok on my air-cooled 2 stroke 1979 honda elsinore. I am concerned about the oil not flowing through the filter properly. I would like to know if fuel filters are specially made for 2 stroke or not. I have the filter so I may as well use it if I can.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I use one, before installing it I was wondering if it would flow enough fuel.........works fine on my 250.

keefbikes

Apr 16, 2007
I have one aswell on my 250, more of a temporary fix until I can get a new one but I have had no problems with it. I dont think it will hurt your bike if you want to try it, but I always feel better having a spec. product on or in my bike. But that is me.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Since your bike doesn't have a fuel pump or injectors to protect, a filter isn't exactly necessary. The screen on the pick-up tubes in the tank is perfectly adequate.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Your bikes all run multiple unfiltered vent tubes on the carb, so whatever dirt is in the surrounding air will get into the fuel regardless of what you put in the fuel line.

Top Bottom