Broke air mixture screw off in carb!

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
This may be a question for Rich or another carb person. I was rebuiding a carb on an '82 Honda atc110 and had someone "helping" me. They seated the air mixture screw in the correct location and proceeded to turn it 1-1/8 turns out. When I started the bike, it stumbled off of idle. I figured it was a plugged jet. Pulled the carb back down and when I removed the air mixture screw, the fine needle point was missing. Held the carb up to the light and can see the point stuck in the port. Tried blowing it out with air and carb cleaner and it still won't come out. Is this carb trashed or is there some trick to getting it out. Is there some chemical that will dissolve the brass and not affect the carb material? I have installed another carb I have and have gotten the trike running again, but was just wondering if the one with the broken needle in it was trash or not. Thanks for all advice in advance.

Mark

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Try dropping it in the freezer for a day then a little heat on the carb body right around the area that the pin is stuck. It might expand enough to drop it out since the brass is more dense it should expand slower.

Top Bottom