Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Actually the doctor mention the my arm is shattered @ my wrist.

Anyone know the true healing time(muscle strengthening, soreness,etc.)? I broke it on July 2nd, and he said cast comes off after 5 wks, then splint 1 more week. Several rides are coming up at the end of August/September...would your average person be able to ride 60+ miles of racing that short afterwards??

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Sorry I can't help you with your question about healing time.

However, I am impressed that you found a doctor that didn't automatically install titantium rods, kryptonite plates and beryllium screws. Seems like any kind of broken bone nowadays they immediately want to put in $20,000 worth of hardware.

Nice Guy Eddie

Uhhh...
Jun 30, 2004
sorry to hear fo your misfortune

23jayhawk said:
they immediately want to put in $20,000 worth of hardware.

yeah but it's the GOOD stuff like titanium and top quality stainless and sometimes even porcelain!! just think how much more your corpse will be worth!!!

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
Nice Guy Eddie said:
yeah but it's the GOOD stuff like titanium and top quality stainless and sometimes even porcelain!! just think how much more your corpse will be worth!!!

i have decided that my kids will split my titanium rod (made into cool keyrings) after i take that final ride...

Nice Guy Eddie

Uhhh...
Jun 30, 2004
Is it that no physician would ever get on a dirtbike? (because they see all the damage?)... or exactly why is it that there is an expert in every field of life here ready to throw down with some advice but not one surgeon or ER doctor?.... maybe their just smart enough to keep their mouths shut... realizing that giving medical advice on the net is just as iffy as giving an answer too a question like "my bike has no low end power, what's wrong with it?", but the consequences are much higher if the answer they give is wrong...

all that being understood, and joking aside, the best advice I ever did get out of a doctor about healing time is 'you must be the judge of that. If it feels ok then it probably is.'... always followed by 'don't be stupid and push it too hard'... (this doctor happens to know that I push myself too hard)

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I have 2 titaumium plates in my right arm. Splints and everything off and pretty much rgular use after 10 weeks. Try squeezeing a tennis ball. Helps streghten muscles and cure boredom. I wonder how much im worth? ;-P

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
pyrofreak said:
I have 2 titaumium plates in my right arm. Splints and everything off and pretty much rgular use after 10 weeks. Try squeezeing a tennis ball. Helps streghten muscles and cure boredom. I wonder how much im worth? ;-P

To quote the wheel of fortune - "Big Money, Big Money"!! :cool:

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
ok - we need to start posting photos of our X-rays. i took the digital camera to one of my appointments and got a photo of the rod and screw. i asked the ortho to be in one of the shots but he declined. we are still working out a deal to put his contact info on my bike trailer - "body rebuilds by..."

our local ER docs tell me that they see many more atv riders than dirtbike riders - i think the IQ is naturally lower as you increase the number of wheels on the ground...

some people do plastic surgery - i do ortho rebuilds!!! :yeehaw:

Top Bottom