Broken arm

jrf4x4

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2008
Well i broke my arm yesterday riding my ktm, so now i get to sit around and just look at the bike which sucks, and we had plans to go to west va to ride so much for that.

Weingartner

Feb 6, 2008
jrf4x4 said:
Well i broke my arm yesterday riding my ktm, so now i get to sit around and just look at the bike which sucks, and we had plans to go to west va to ride so much for that.
Thats sucks, I know how it is. How bad is it? I had to get surgery after I broke mine.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
How bad?
Just a set and cast or surgery?

Hopefully just the first one, if so you will heal up soon. Take your vitamins and some calcium supplements. Be sure to do some strength training after you heal and before you fall off again.

jrf4x4

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2008
just a set and a cast right now i only have a splint right now

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Well your a youngster, it will heal up soon.

I hope you don't mis any work. Perhaps they'll put you on something that you can program and watch for a while.

jrf4x4

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2008
That would be nice but might get to sit in the tool crib, but my normal job i could probly do with one arm

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
I bought a disability policy a few years back and had a chance to use it 01/06. I was doing some training on a mountain bike and busted my butt real bad. I was up in the mountains near my house and went off the trail over a ridge. After I woke up I made it home and my wife took me to the hospital. X-rays reveled that I broke both arms, (humerus's), left collar bone, left shoulder blade, four ribs. I missed 5.5 months of work and had two surgery's. Things are better now and I'm riding again but I'm doing my best not to ride over my head for a pass anymore. I can't afford a crash on my left side!

KX85 rider

Feb 23, 2008
i've never broke ny bones before-and it's not exactly on my to-do list! mind though, i havn't been riding long.

jrf4x4

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2008
I was looking at my helmet today and there is a deep scratch and some chipped paint good thing i was wearing it.

jrf4x4

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2008
Not real sure, i was going pretty fast just took a turn around some trees in the edge of a field and got the bike straight and got back on it, one guy said i pulled a wheelie so maybe i put it back down hard because the only thing i remember is laying across the bars then i lost it and hit the ground hard.

jrf4x4

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2008
It didn't hurt that much i just layed there for a while then got carried to the hospital i had to hold my arm up if not it would just flop around, thats the part that hurt.

jcarautos1

Dec 3, 2007
Well at least you will be healed by summer. It sucks though. My worst wreck I broke 3 ribs, lacerated spleen, lacerated lung, torn rotator, broken wrist and finger. I feel like such a wimp cause it was only a first gear pinned 20 foot jump in my back yard. Oh well i guess it is cause i'm 45 or someting. Just refuse to grow up. But they cant take the biker out of me.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
jrf4x4 said:
It didn't hurt that much i just layed there for a while then got carried to the hospital i had to hold my arm up if not it would just flop around, thats the part that hurt.

yea, that sucks when you can feel the thing flopping around or the bones grating on each other. when i broke mine a few years ago, i waited until the EMTs told me that it looked ok before i looked at it. did not want to see any bones poking out! :yikes:

drink lots of milk and take calcium supplements to grow bone quickly and cut out drinking pop as it decreases bone density

georgia_tom

Feb 22, 2008
yeah, i broke my collar bone about a year ago doing tricks on my bmx bike. it didn't hurt a first, but about 30 seconds later or so it started burning like crazy. i couldn't even turn my head just a little bit or it would start hurting even worse. i could also feel the bones grating against each other and poping. i had to wear one of those gay lookin braces that goe around both shoulders in the front and comes around your back and straps. it looked kinda like a book bag from the front, and a bra from the back. :whoa: now, a year later, all healed up, i have a huge knot on my left collar bone. :yikes:

jrf4x4

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2008
The collar bone seems to be the bine that gets broke the most, i work with a guy that was in a motorcycle wreck and messed his shoulder up and now one side sits lower than the other one.

georgia_tom

Feb 22, 2008
yeah it is the most broken bone. and my shoulder is kinda like that too. but i think that's just genes cause my dad's is like that too.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…