marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Sounds like a worn top end 80 hours is alot.You could buy a whole engine for 1200 from service honda.A top end could cost less than 150,you could use either std honda pistons kit or wiseco or vertex all are good quality.

xenasdaddy

Sponsoring Member
Apr 8, 2001
$1200.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what is that dealership name? go to another dealer buddy. that sounds very dishonest!
xd

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Can I work on your engine for $1200? I'll change the top end twice!

Seriously, it sounds like a top end. Call someone, mail order, and buy a top end kit, mix your oil at 32:1 and I bet it will start on the 2nd kick. :D

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Two things....1) do a compression test and you will know if you need a top end. 2) Never visit that dealer again,he will beat you if he can.

One more thing, your jetting is not correct yet. Sorry, but I'll bet my eye teeth on it.

Last edited:

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
It definitely sounds like it is time for a rebuild. You are wasting your time trying to jet an engine with a worn top-end. You can buy the piston kit, gasket kit, and wrist-pin bearing for $150 or less, there is no way I would pay a dealer $1200 dollars for this work. Typical labor for a top-end is more like $150. My friend recently had his cylinder replated, cases split, crank rebuilt, new crank bearings and seals, and a new piston kit installed, and his total bill for everything, parts included, was around $700.

Last edited:
Top Bottom