limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Arggg I broke a bolt, no big deal except it's one of the four holding the fork to the front axle!.... So its's not replaceable, anyone ever done this? How do I fix it? Will super glue hold it? How about JB weld or JB quick? Help me out guys I wanna ride tomorrow... Only nice day for awhile.</SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"></SPAN>&nbsp;

<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Thanks in advance for the info!</SPAN>

Last edited:

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Relax. It's just a stud, take what's left out, go down to your dealer and get a new one. BTW you weren't serious about the super glue were you?

Rut Rider

Sep 12, 2001
Wow! Talk about freaking out. I used to break those stupid bolts all the time on my '99Kdx(Traded for 2002 KTM300EXC). That is until I learned how to correctly tighten them from the local bike shop. I don't want to tell you wrong but here is what was told to me. Snug all four bolts in a criss cross pattern. Do not tighten all the way. Next tighten the top 2 bolts all the way down. Then just snug up the bottom 2 tight. I had a slight gap in the bottom after it was done. I used to tighten all four down as hard as they would go and that is why I kept snapping them. Good thing is they aren't expensive and they are easy to get out with some vise grips. Check with your local dealer's mechaninc and he should be able to tell you how to do it the right way.

I don't really think super glue would hold very well. I have rigged alot of stuff in my riding years with zip ties, bailing wire/twine, duct tape, and any other of the "McGiver" tools, but I think super gluing your axle clamp back on would take the cake.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
1. Tighten them correctly. That will leave a gap at the bottom.
2. They're threaded in.
3. Have been found at NAPA and/or ACE hardware stores.
4. The following search:

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33904&highlight=stud+front+axle

..gets you this......

pursang262

springfield,ma. USA
Local: 05:39 PM
Post Date: 01-16-2002 10:13 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you ever need one of those studs, the Kawasaki part # is 172G0622

In stock at the local kawi dealer. Buy a few for some spares. That PN is not listed in the manual or on buykawi.com, as I recall.

Cool 'eh? search ROCKS!
;)

Last edited:

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
The shop acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, but one guy in the back finaly said ohh, yea I think I have one of those &amp; proceeded to grab a Yamaha stud... It worked tho

I tighten them all down to a little over specs (100 in-lbs). I think my gap is either even or a gap on top, I don't remember
Thanks for the help (super-glue...what was I thinking I shoulda grabbed the ducktape :) )

jeffw

Nov 27, 2001
You don't want a gap on top! Tighten them as Rut Rider and CC decribe. CC referenced a good thread on this subject above. Did you read it?

Top Bottom