cr85rb_rider

Uhhh...
Nov 28, 2006
i was riding and for no reason at all the clutch cable just broke. I ordered another one and im wondering if this is a job i can do myself, i am pretty good at working on stuff. Is this a job i can do or will i need to take it to a shop?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
cr85rb_rider said:
i am pretty good at working on stuff. Is this a job i can do or will i need to take it to a shop?

It is a pretty simple job. Look at how the cable is mounted before you take it apart. If you don't have a manual for your bike you should buy one. It will show you how to do these things and save you a lot of money by not having to take your bike to the shop. :cool:

cr85rb_rider

Uhhh...
Nov 28, 2006
i have the manual from the factory, and it has nothing in it. Some one was saying something about a manual with everything in it. Does anyone know what is was called.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
cr85rb_rider said:
i have the manual from the factory, and it has nothing in it. Some one was saying something about a manual with everything in it. Does anyone know what is was called.

You probably have the 'Owners Manual'. Not much info in there. The factory service manual is around $30 to $50 bucks. They show you how to do everything. The Clymer manuals are less money but, not as complete as the factory manuals. Check with your local dealer to order one. Sometimes you can find them at the online auction sites.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
cr85rb_rider said:
Ok, i wont have my current bike for much longer anyways so ill get one with my new bike.
if you have a manual for your bike when you go to sell it that'll be a selling point for the next guy.

and I'll have to say the Clymer manuals are pretty dang comprehensive

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
I second...

XRpredator said:
if you have a manual for your bike when you go to sell it that'll be a selling point for the next guy.

and I'll have to say the Clymer manuals are pretty dang comprehensive

Besides the fact that you'll get more money for a good running bike after you fix it right.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom