Mar 1, 2005
ok,my buddy was on my cr and all of a sudden i heard this pop like noise,sounded like something broke.well anyway he comes up out of the woods and shows me that now the clutch lever just flops around and does nothing.so he starts it up and you can here something moving around inside the motor but it still shifted ok and he said it drove ok just the clutch lever had no effect,meaning he had to bump start it to get moving.well we ended up taking the clutch out and found the first fiber plate had broken into pieces and broke off a piece of one of the basket fingures.i've never had this happen befor and was curious if a broken plate and the damage to the basket cause the clutch to act the way it did yet still be at least drivable?my plan is to replace all parts with hinson components and flush out the tranny real good.what could have caused this to happen? i did have water in my oil still from where i flooded the bike out a week or 2 ago but i had only ridden it like twice since then and had just changed the oil again right befor this happened.any input is appreciated

Anssi

May 20, 2001
2-strokes-4-life said:
what could have caused this to happen?

The basket being grooved from 5 years of abuse and a worn-out plate snagging on one of the grooves? The water in the oil causing the plates to deform?

If you replace the components I doubt it was anything that would cause the same problem again.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
The lever was floppy because one plate was missing when it broke into pieces.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
riding the bike with water still in the trans is not cool! If it's milky looking at all, don't ride it until it's flushed all the way out! Water is a very poor lubricant and will ruin things quickly

Top Bottom