KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Hang in there guys, I've got 2 rides after 3 months off and other than a little soreness I feel as good as a beaten, broken up 44 year old should feel.

Whoops

Jun 19, 2000
UPDATE:

It took a lot longer than I expected. Probably cause I wouldn't sit still. It looks like hell and is sore every once in a while but no big deal really. Finally went riding a couple of weeks ago and had a blast.

Whoops

socaltrlrdr

May 8, 2001
I broke my right clavicle about a year and a half ago. Snapped it about 1 inch from the AC joint. Never healed!!!! Did the figure 8 and bone stimulator. Still would not heal!! Doc said there was to big of a gap in the break to start the healing process. Give it six more months and see what happens, "these things want to heal on there own". I just saw the ortho last week and he did not want to plate it! said I don't have a loss of range of motion and very little pain and there is to much risk involved in the surgery. "Live with it". It really doesn't bother me, It is just the thought that my collarbone is broken that messes with my mind. But here is what I learned.

1. The sling is much more effective than the figure 8.

2. If you have to tape your elbow to your rib cage to stop you from
moving your hand/arm, do it. Not moving your hand/arm is the single most important thing you can do to increase your chances of recovery.

3. Do not even think about try to ride or do anything with your arm ubtil the x-rays show the two ends of the break have started to calcify.

4. Get riding out of your mind for at least nine weeks!!!!! Really, don't even think about it. I dont care how good you think your collarbone feels. Or what anyone tells you. If you ride to soon you will just re-break it.

Shank

Uhhh...
May 25, 2002
I cant imagine living with it still broken but then again I had the surgery a year ago and still cant lay on my left side. I havent let it stop me. I still ride and the constant ache reminds me that STUPID HURTS. :eek:

Mike Hubert

Apr 22, 2001
If you broke your collar bone a year ago and it still hurts you might want to look into physical therapy, you might be living with pain that can be eliminated.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom