Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
My experience with the figure 8 strap is that it keeps the shoulders back so the ends of the bones don't crunch around as much. :whiner:

TOTALL

Feb 21, 2002
Originally posted by jsned
Broke mine oct 25 2003, two days ago. All they gave me was a regular sling no kind of figure 8 thing. Says on the paper they gave me wear the sling most of the day but take it off a few times. fof 1 week. I am at work it doesnt hurt to bad and the doctor said just take it easy for a couple of weeks it would be okay. It is sticking up quite a bit. I am going to call and ask about the figure 8 thing. Maybe mine aint so bad but it seems to be 10 times better already.

Yep, I was at jsned's house tonight and it looks painfull,Ya but ,what looked even more painfull was his dirty KTM in the garage.So I pressure washed his bike for him,

AIN'T I A NICE GUY!!. :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :thumb: :)

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I asked my doctor about the different strap and he said mine was okay with just the regular strap. He said it is also seperated at the AC joint. The pain i have is mostly from that he says. He said the bump will not go away and I will have some soreness for a few months.

TOTALL you missed a spot. Probably from the glare from your head. :moon:

You guys mentioned the helmet. I was wondering about the chest protector. The shoulder peice I landed on is broke in half. Maybe the plastic edge hit the bone.

After the race that day a couple of guys said pitch the chest protector and get some Hockey shoulder pads. They said they are better for the collar bone. I was checking out the Nemesis Body armour shirt in the catalogs. Looks like it might be good but looks like it would be extremely uncomfortable. anybody know of a product similar to it. I am also going to use a neck brace from now on.

BTW this sucks!!!! :ugg:

Last edited:

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
If it heals back properly (no overlap) the lump will probably go away in 10 to 12 years.

All of mine have. :)

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Anybody told they hada AC joint seperation plus a broke collarbone? The doctor says they might have to cut the last 2 inchs off my collarbone because it might never connect back t o the joint. It all depends on if I am haveing lots of pain in the future (years). Anybody been told something similar?

Ill mention it again, Has anyone ever suspected the chest protector shoulder pads??

Mine was broke in half in the crash. I plan on finding something different.

Top Bottom