teamtnt#308

Aug 1, 2003
hey guys...i had a race last nite (1.11.04) and broke my hip..does anybody out here have any advice to speed up my recovery time cuz my wrestling coach is mad and i really need to get healed up for the rest of the season...thanx..

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
How badly did you break it? im just curious....

teamtnt#308

Aug 1, 2003
i broke it bad enuf to get four pins...and then when i landed on my knees after i bailed, i landed so hard that it shoved my femur up into my hip...then i tore 70-80% of the ligaments AND tendons in the joint that connects my hip and femur

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
From what you just said, it doesn't sound to me like you will come back super fast. :( Im kinda of an old fart at 29, and you sound to be younger which will help with recovery time.

I broke my femur in two about a year and a half ago. I dint walk for nearly four months and had PT for about 5. Whatever you do, stay with the PT and do exactly what they tell you to do. Its the key to success and getting back quick.

I wouldn't expect to wrestle this season if I had those injuries knowing what I know.

Good luck in the recovery and let us know how it goes. Hang in there.

teamtnt#308

Aug 1, 2003
hey, thanx..yeah im only 16 and captain of the wrestling team...if i dont make it for wrestling, then i hope i can make it back for the mx and quad season..thanx for ur thoughts...ill get back to u w/ my progress..

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I didn't completely break my hip, but I acquired a fracture at age 19. I was in the best shape of my life and it took close to 5 months of strict rehab before I could get back to my usual activities. The biggest mistake I've seen people make with an injury like that is rushing through the recovery time. You're young so be good to your body while you can. Being young is an advantage to recovery, but it won't make you Superman. Like Milk said, stick to the rehab and you'll be fine. Keep us posted on your recovery. :thumb:

Top Bottom