melroth

Dec 8, 2008
I had a reed peddle missing on My KX65 bike that caused the bike to stop.I replaced the reed cage and the bike is running fine.The thing that bothers Me is where did the old reed go and will it cause any damage?

zrxrider

Nov 24, 2008
Well it can only go one way when the engine is running. :yikes: Probably got sucked in and out the exhaust. I wouldn't worry if its running well now. :ride:

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
At the very least I'd remove the pipe and shake it around to see if it made it all the way out.Remember expansion chambers accentuate the negative wave too.

melroth

Dec 8, 2008
melroth said:
I had a reed peddle missing on My KX65 bike that caused the bike to stop.I replaced the reed cage and the bike is running fine.The thing that bothers Me is where did the old reed go and will it cause any damage?

To follow up I inspected the reed cage(Vforce 3) and found that the plastic part of the cage that holds the petals had broken away.I pulled the cylinder and found part of the petal, but most of it had passed through.I really think that the rest of the petal might had went through also but it needed a new set of rings anyhow.I am very disappointed in the vforce3 because I also have it in the KX85.

Top Bottom