jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Well, I broke my Tibia May 13 when I came up short on a double. Cased it real bad (4th gear on my KX, straight up jump) and got pitched over the bars (Maryland). KXTodd was there and a bunch of people I've never seen in my life. Todd rode my bike to my truck and loaded it for me. Some stranger picked me up and put me on the track's 4 wheeler and drove me to my truck. My wife was there and she took me to the hospital. The doctors elected to not do surgery (heal time would have been about six weeks) because there was no separation of the bone, and no "overlap" into the joint area of my ankle.

The break started about six inches above the ankle joint, split into the middle of the bone and then ran straight down into the ankle joint. Very bad place to break it! I was in a thigh high cast for 7 weeks, a knee high cast for 5 weeks, a walking boot for 2 weeks, and an ankle brace indefinitely.

I had my doctors appt. Friday and he told me it was completely healed. He wanted me to start running short distances (to determine if I could exercise it without pain, in the future) of about a 1/2 mile for a week or so, working up to 1 1/2 miles within a month (until my next doctors appt.). He said to take about 800 mg of aspirin an hour before running in order to counter act any pain and/or swelling. He doesn't believe I'll be able to run on it and therefore my military career will end shortly and rather abruptly and there I'll be. But, to :flame: with him!

Friday when I returned from the doctors office, I took 600mg of aspirin and ran 1 mile in 8 min 42 sec! No pain! Saturday I ran 1 mile in 8 min 15 sec, 600 mg of aspirin, and no pain! Today I ran 1 mile in 7 min 45 sec, no aspirin, and also no pain!

My goal is to increase 1/2 mile a week until I either return to the doctors office on October 11 or reach 3 miles in under 25 minutes (Marine Corps Physical Fitness Test).

Before the crash I was running 3 miles in 20 minutes, but I don't want to stress myself too much, besides the humidity and heat in P'cola is killing me!

As for the doctor, well, pucker up sir! :moon:

I still have a little pain in the ankle, sometimes, but I can live with that. The leg is still a little weak, but that will take care of itself in short order.

I want to thank KXTodd for being there and helping! This one's for you --- you :aj: And to all of those nameless faces that helped -- even the one that literally picked me up off the ground and put me on the 4 wheeler (yeah, it was embarrassing to be cradled like a baby!), this one's for you -- :worship: You guys rock and it sure does help knowing that if you're ever down, if you've ever fallin and couldn't get up, there's gonna be someone around to pick you up! If I'm there, I'll be the first one in line. :thumb:

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Glad to hear your doing good ! Prove that man wrong! :yeehaw: No problem on the help man, I know you would have done the same. :thumb:

Top Bottom