- Sep 11, 2001
My brother has a 94 CR125. He has had it for about three months and lately it has been getting extremely hot. He fouled a plug and went to change it and the motor was so hot it melted part of his glove. We checked the coolant and could not see any from the top, so we added some, well we started it up and it looked as if everything we added came out the radiator overflow onto the ground. Well we went riding the other day and fouled a plug again and we removed the plug and had almost a white appearance, I'm assuming that means it is overheating. Well we couldn't get the bike started after that and I am wondering what kind of damage could he have done by riding it extremely hot? And why would the bike not start? Could that have anything to do with it overheating or is that something else. We are both new to riding and this forum is a godsend. Any help would be most greatly appreciated.