flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Alright guys its time for the big NC/SC Crew trail ride! We're gonna head out to Brown Mtn. on the weekend of April26th/27 and have a rockin,campin,ridin time :yeehaw: I figure My Fiance' and myself w/get there around 10:30 sat. morning, and Once I find out about the camping facilities we're planning on camping Sat. night and riding on Sun as long as weather complies. So I've got a list of guys(and gals) that I've talked to over the last month or two that seemed interested in the Brown Mtn. ride. Ya'll just let me know who's still interested and we can get somewhat of a head count.

Ocechap(and Lisa?)
MadMark
Truespode
James(and John?)
RickinNC(w/son I presume?)
Dennis Meyer
Dizzy DRZ
TheJeStEr
James Miller

And how about......?
BScottr
Whyzee
Gomer
Mliebal
Solo
LinusB
.......Are ya'll Interested? Just let me know guys I'm gonna get some camping info today to post on this thread for all(if any? :) )that interested in camping.

Last edited:

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Here is a map of the trails along w/the link to the webpage.
Click Here

Attachments

• bm-trails1.jpg
    bm-trails1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 271

RickinNC

Jul 18, 2001
Hey flynbryan,
We'll definitely see ya there...look for a '99 KTM300 (#903) and my sons on a YZ80.We'll be in a blue Dodge minivan. We'll probably be at one of the campsites on the left as you go up the raod to the trailhead. Most likely near one of the bathrooms. If I don't see ya down there we'll see ya on the mountain!
Rick Bersagel
rickm_b@yahoo.com

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I am in for at least one day and John is a tentative yes. I spose we should try and firm up parking or make some attempt at getting together as a group when the time comes near. The parking situation up there can become a ZOO at times.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I'm all ears James, as you know I've yet to go there so its up to the expeinced ones on where to park. We can meet where ever is convient.

RickinNC

Jul 18, 2001
Here's a link to a brochure for Brown Mtn. for anyone interested.
http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/brown_mountain_orv.pdf
Season passes can be had for 30 bucks.. otehrwise it's $5 a day.

RickinNC

Jul 18, 2001
Hey Jim,
Yes the larger the number the more difficult. The single track (bike only) trails are about the most difficult, but not too hard. The bike/atv trails have alot of water breaks, and elevation changes. I saw on KTMTalk that you were gonna get a KTM, did ya get it yet?
Rick

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I think I will probably arrive about 10:30 on Saturday myself. That late in the day, it may be hard to park together especially if the weather is nice. It generally takes me about 15 minutes - 1/2 hour to get geared and ready. Maybe we should set a rendezvous time at the trailhead IN CASE we can't get parked together. If this is agreeable, I can be ready to ride at 10:30 or any time thereafter. We can also set a second time in case others won't be arriving til later.

I usually attempt to get in the lot all the way up top but if you start seeing truck all up and down the road, the lot is probably full.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I will probably get there around the same time. The fiance' doesn't like to get up early. :silly: So consequentaly I can't ever get her out the door before 8-9am. Anyway I guess like you said we can set a time to meet at start of the trail. And that way give the early risers ;) a chance to take a loop before we all join up. Unfortunately Ocechap won't be joining us for some reason he'd rather do his 2nd fav. hobby(fishing) and make about 400-500 dollars doing it...........:eek: whats he thinking anyway, that would be like getting paid to go ride......:moon: Have fun Jim! :thumb:

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Rick, hey thanks for the info, I didn't get a new bike yet. I'm having a hard time swallowing what the dealers want to give me for my KX 500. I am really trying to sell it myself first I guess. I do like the KTM's though as well as the Honda's, Yammy's! I guess I need to be independently wealthy so I can just have one of each and pick a bike on my mood each time I ride. Yeah, that's it!! Unfortunately, I will be fishing a tournament that weekend and it has a pretty good purse to win and it is a free entry for me so it was hard to turn down. Anyway, I hope Brown Mtn will be on the agenda again real soon so I can ride with you guys. Excuse me lag behind you guys.

Jim

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
:( Bummer Scott........We'll catch ya next time. Could ya possibly just send flowers :laugh:.......I don't guess that would put you in one of these :uh: We'll get w/you again here soon. Dave wants to head out to Manchester again soon. So we'll let ya know. :thumb:

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Ok guys heres the latest. For anyone looking to camp on-site at the OHV trails there is primitive camping which include tent campsite, Picnic tables, and a civilizied portapottie are located within 100 ft. or so of the trailhead. For those interested in showers(included) and utilities, Brown Mtn Beach Campground is within 2mi. of the OHV trails, and provide all of these facilities.
Call w/any questions:
Brown Mtn. Beach Campground
1-828-758-4257
$25 Electrical
Water
Septic

$22 Electrical
Water

$20 Tent site:
Electrical
Water

So far we have: James, RickinNC, Myself, and I believe MadMark will also be joining us. Is anyone else planing on attending? James is your friend still joining us? I know that Scott and Ocechap unfortunately have other arrangements. I was originally going to camp, but my fiance' will probably not be accompanying me, so I probably will not camp unless anyone else is interested. If anyone is interested in camping just let me know.

Last edited:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Just me so far. Ivan is toying with the idea. If you aren't camping...is this a Saturday ONLY ride now? Doesn't matter, just curious. I am 99.5% sure that it was only going to be one day for me anyway.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
It very well could be a 2 day ride if theres enough interest. Since my fiance' probably will be out of town I'm a free agent for the weekend. :yeehaw: Again just depends on who's interested and who wants to camp, but I would be interested in possibly doing both days.

RickinNC

Jul 18, 2001
I'll be in in a white Ford Cubevan(more room). There's gonna be 16+ riders in my group so it should be hard to miss...
We'll be pulling out on Saturday sometime in the afternoon...(gotta get back for son's Birthday)so definetily look me up in the a.m.
There's gonna be 16+ riders in my group so it should be hard to miss...
Weather report says 70's and clear !! I'm leaving Wednesday a.m... can't wait!!! Look forward to meeting ya.
Rick

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I'll give Ocechap a call and ask him to give somewhat of a ride report.(He went there Wed.) Looking forward to it guys I'll see ya there. :thumb:

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
I'll give you a ride report real quick. Dirt was dirty, hills were hilly, rocks were hard, ask my wife, and the mud was muddy! Just kidding! It was my first time there and didn't get to see too much but the 1 and 4 trails. It was perfect weather and the trails were dry but not too bad. A couple of spots of mud but not many. Again, we were on the main trail most of the time. The weather was perfect and I can't wait to go ride it again. They are going to pave the road there sometime soon. I think in June. The worker said it would be posted before it is closed. Might not be a bad idea to just double check before you guys go up! Have fun!!!!!

Jim

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Rick, I think it says at the site that they will be closed in April-May but Lisa asked the Ranger and he said June. There were some guys with a set of plans checking things out so it won't be long.

Jim

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Alright guys last I checked the weather it didn't look good. Looks like the R word for Fri. and Sat. :whiner: We'll see what happens as the week progress'. Bye the way nice Avatar Jim. ;)

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Bryan, I'm going to just switch back and forth for a while on the avatar's, unles someone can make me one for a Honda, Yamaha, Kawa, and KTM. :confused: At least until the Kx is sold. Can't even walk in my garage right now. Mama loves that!

Jim

Top Bottom