moto1313

Oct 9, 2000
Well, this is for all you naysayers and whiners who were saying that Brown was riding dirty and had to ride that way to win. It is now 4 moto wins in a row for Brown and Travis is languisihing somewhere near midpack. Brown's wins were convincing as well. He ran away with the motos. Travis is a great rider, but durability may be an issue. Brown is hitting his stride and his aggressive riding style is getting him there. He has the points lead and the other riders appear to be fighting for the leftovers. Can you say Brown, 2001 National Champion. I know it's still a bit early,but I think Brown may just do it.

crlady

Jan 6, 2001
Right on

Yeah!!! I too agree with what you say Moto1313. I wanted to reply to the post "Brown off my A list", but decided not to take the time to. Brown is only riding like everyone else wishes they could. In the pits Brown is one of the most down to earth guys out there. Fonseca will not even talk to us. I like seeing a rider go after something he wants instead of treating it like fun and games.

www.geocities.com/yogifan11

PTCruiser

Aug 25, 2000
This 125 class has it all this year: A champion who's literally crashing his brains out:( . a foriegner who's challenging for the lead his first time out :cool: , and an "old" guy who's putting it to all the young studs:scream:

What more could you ask for...?

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Re: Right on

Originally posted by crlady
Brown is only riding like everyone else wishes they could.

Think I can't T-Bone you in a corner too? I can ride like him.

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
I was at washougal yesterday, Brown was just flat out faster than anyone else out there. he had no need to ride dirty at this one. On the big uphill he was pulling bike lengths on everyone, including the 250Fs. I was really impressed with his ride, every section of the track he just looked faster. He had quite a lead both motos. This was also the first time I had seen carmicheal ride in person, I never knew he was a midget, Im surprised the guy can reach the ground from his kx. He hauls ass though. I missed the pastrana crash in the 2nd moto, I was wondering if anyone saw it, and if so what happened?

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Brown that dirty sandbager, big deal we all know he is fast. How about Doug Dubach!!!! Talk about cherry picking, that dude is 38 years old!!! Doug is the man he beat the Fonz the first moto, ouch. Eric Keho should get out there and show those YOT boys the fast way around the track. I read that my favorite cherry picker, Dowdy is moving back DOWN to the 125 class next year. I love to see the old guys take it to the boys.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I'm betting on Mike Brown as well. I am hoping he doesn't pull a Langston or Pastrana. ( Crashing with season altering results. ) My bet is he won't and will have the Championship. I kinda hope Suzuki has the sense to protect their future star and incent him to pull out for a while and clear that head of his. Langston is going to wish he had a re-attachment surgury. He's going to be in pain AND lose the championship. A double wammy.:(

And for all those naysayer's about Kawasaki....seems like they have yet ANOTHER National championship in their grasp. In your face Yamaha! My bet is James Stewart will continue the trend. That 10 year old chassis seems to be a great platform to build race bikes. :)

So how come when Honda or Yamaha does half this well over the years it's a dynasty? When Jeff Ward did it...it was Jeff. Or now when RC does it..along with a bunch of other guys its not? Guess Kawasaki's just aren't cool enough.:scream:

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
Brownie stomps a mudhole....

Brownie stomps a mudhole ....

and hopefully continues to walk it dry. This where consistency and experience pays off and youth learns a lesson. Roost on Brown Kaw, roost on!!!!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
With that much experience, you'd think he'd want to play with the big dogs. Oh... he wants a shot at a title. Oopps :) No doubt he's fast.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
No shame in that..there aren't a lot of National titles. Aren't many who can get one and even fewer have them. He's going to get one and then in those later years in life he will be glad he did. Better to be a has been than a never been. Hope he gets the title.:)

Top Bottom