Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Found a map, but I cant seem to locate Hainesville... even though, I know I have been thru it once or twice. Wildwood is between Lindenhurst and Grayslake. Grayslake is a pretty nice area... and so is Gages Lake from what I can remember. Stay out of Lake Vila if you can...

Welcome to Illinois Bruce. I live in Burtons Bridge, which is pretty much west of Grayslake (and a bit south). I am here if you need anything!!!

Happy travels!

Chris

Attachments

• Lake County.gif
    Lake County.gif
    32.4 KB · Views: 35

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Crispy said:
I am here if you need anything!!!

do you do spiritual healing???? :)

we have just started talking with lendors and i am beggining to wonder if i am doing the right thing jumping in with a new house straight off the bat. Not too worried about location, more that i dont have the routine 20% to put down so i am worried about not getting the best deal. Right now though, ive got 3 lendors calling me at they are all setup through the relo with the company so i should be OK. I hope, LOL!!!!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
OK, here is the latest news. We were in Chicago last weekend, luckily for us, the weather was nice so we didnt get too much of a shock there. We spent thurs and fri looking at houses, and made an offer on a 3 bed 2 bath, 2 car garage house in Lindenhurst- Its right near Lake Villa and Gurnee. I did the mapquest, and its about 20-25 mins from Abbott- East on the 132, and then drop down the I-94; my only concern is that the Toll on the 94 could get expensive day in day out. Otherwise, i can come down the 41.

They accepted our offer (we just gave them list, since we dont have time to mess around), and hopefully we close in the last week of May. I gave notice here, so i leave my job on May 4th, and start the new one on the 9th. We had saturday and sunday to chill, so we drove up to Lake Geneva and took a look around Wisconcin. The funny thing, is that i am from the state of Lincolnshire in the UK- i was totally amazed how similar the Land Of Lincoln was to back home.

I am racing this weekend, and then probably parking the bike. Mrs C said i need to get back out on the bike ASAP when we get there, so hopefully we can get to ride a couple of times in June.

B

biglou

Hehe, Illinoiz is the land of Lincoln (I hope!). Also, lose the "The" before the hiways! ;)

Maybe see you at Wardy's for the next mod/stm get-together? Date TBD as of now.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
bclapham said:
East on the 132, and then drop down the I-94; my only concern is that the Toll on the 94 could get expensive day in day out. Otherwise, i can come down the 41.

LMAO!!! :rotfl:

What Lou said.... NO ONE around here puts "the" before a numbered road. Now the names of the interstates, like the Dan Ryan, the Kennedy, the Eisenhower, sure..... but not the numbered roads.

I rephrased for you: East on 132, and then drop down I-94; my only concern is that the Toll on 94 could get expensive day in day out. Otherwise, i can come down 41.

:nener:

By the way, tolls are half the price when you get an I-PASS (little box in your car that automatically takes your toll). Living in that area, you'll get one for sure.

Congrats on the new house! We look forward to riding with you! :cool:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
THE?

THE?

THE?

You better stay in Cali if you're gonna talk like that around here.

Git a rope!

:p

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
bclapham said:
LOL- The weather is very nice right now in The land of California!! :)

It was 75-80 degrees and sunny for the last couple of days here in Chicago

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Rooster said:

Three more days and here will be there for you buckwheat!

Have you been practicing draggin' out your a like a cat across a carpet and putting an r in every word that doesn't have one ;)

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Welcome Bruce.
Im a lot slow here, just found this thread. The ride at Wardys is a must, great time for sure. Count me in on the welcome ride. Would those involved in the welcome ride at sunset.mx be thinking a race day or open ride/practice day?
Bruce, Im about an hour away from Gurnee, in Crystal Lake(10 miles south, 30 miles west). Have to get together after your arival.
FWI.....Cheeseheads are all deeply jelous of us.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
LOL- thanks guys, we arrive on may 7/8th.

bike will be instorage till we get the house- june should be moto month!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Bruce here is the Wis moto schedule.
http://www.cycle-usa.com/dist16/main.php?action=events
We race all the Lake Geneva, Aztalan, Arkansas, Hidden Valley, and Hixton races
You will have to think about the RacerX senior series
Millville MN, Redbud MI, Aztalan WI, and Byron Ill In Noise

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
thanks oldguy- i will try and get some moto in ASAP, but i think this year will be a limited schedule with the new baby, job, home. LOL!!! gonna be busy!!!!! buts its gonna be cool!!!!

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
biglou said:
Also, lose the "The" before the hiways!

nikki said:
LMAO!!! What Lou said.... NO ONE around here puts "the" before a numbered road. Now the names of the interstates, like the Dan Ryan, the Kennedy, the Eisenhower, sure..... but not the numbered roads.

Rooster said:
THE? THE? THE? You better stay in Cali if you're gonna talk like that around here.

Ignore them, I understood you perfectly fine. They know not of which they speak, you just keep on doing it the right way. :)

Bruce, you're lucky your wife is not a socal native girl (assuming shes not) otherwise you would most likey find yourself doing this all over again when you inevitably have to move back. ;)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
gospeedracer said:
Bruce, you're lucky your wife is not a socal native girl (assuming shes not) otherwise you would most likey find yourself doing this all over again when you inevitably have to move back. ;)

Yeah... but they didn't live in the Santa Barbara so the pull to return won't be that great. People just don't understand that SB is heaven on earth................ for wackos! ;)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
TwinSpar said:
People just don't understand that SB is heaven on earth................ for wackos! ;)

:coocoo: Silly Texican. :rotfl: :rotfl:

They should fit right in Speedy. Don't forget, they come from England where people talk funny, the sky is constantly overcast and 50 degrees is a warm day. :laugh:

Ol'89r
Here in beautiful Southern Mexifornia.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
gospeedracer said:
Ignore them, I understood you perfectly fine. They know not of which they speak, you just keep on doing it the right way. :)

if i want to own my home, i wont be able to move back!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
gospeedracer said:
Bruce, you're lucky your wife is not a socal native girl (assuming shes not) ;)
She speaks the truth as from what we hear those So Cal girls are a bit flakey :nod: and just can not make up their mind.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
LOL so cal girls, julia is pure nottingham-at least i think she is-cant remember where she was born to be honest but shes no fake so cal bimbo for sure.Wouldnt want to be bruce when he does something wrong;)

Top Bottom