MojoMoto

May 6, 2001
:scream: Ok, I know time marches on.....I'm getting older.....but.
Damn these bruised ribs!!!!! I had an unfortunate getoff, and my trusted steed impaled me into the ground then had the odasity to land on me.
I had to actually drive myself to the Hospital and got the required x-rays. Showed that I had bruised three ribs on my left side. This is some serious pain, got some happy pills then things improved some.
This lasted at least 10 days before I was even able to move without pain. Finally about three weeks later I'm on the mend.
Is this about normal....not the crash, but the recovery and level of pain? Don't want to do this again...funny things happen when you decelerate even a little bit, off of a step up......:confused:
And how long was it before everyone was back ridding?:debil:

Last edited:

Payday2

Sep 29, 1999
I messed my ribs up a couple years ago (bruised or cracked, not sure, but I had to sleep sitting up for about 10 days), and the time frame you describe sounds about right. You can always help accelerate recovery by making sure to take your vitamins and eating a good diet, but not by much. don't expect to take a multi and be healed the next day. :-)

J&K

scotts250

Jul 30, 2001
Breaking the rib is probably less painful in the long run than tearing the cartilage between the ribs.
I did a belly flop quite a while back and was sure that I had broken some ribs. Turns out I had bruised them and torn some cartilage.
I was scared to death to sneeze of cough for at least a couple of weeks. Took quite a while longer to be back to normal.

FLBob

Jun 4, 2001
Sounds about right. Doesn't seem like mine was as bad as yours-took 4-5 weeks before I could sneeze without extreme pain. Sneezing regular again is like being heaven! It's been 6 weeks, normal except when I move just so.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
you're still not over that little get off dennis?
suck it up man ;)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
10 days would have been awsome.

It was 7 weeks for me with no pain medication to boot. I had broken ribs just above my right nipple and a bruised spleen. When my allergies flaired up about 2 weeks into the ordeal I thought I was going to die! Never missed a day of work though:scream:

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
I did pretty much the same thing about a 1 1/2 years ago. Just about the time I thought I was all well, did it again. Thought I would die every time I sneezed.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom