bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Racer X has learned that James "Bubba" Stewart is planning on riding the 125cc East Region in the THQ/AMA Supercross Series and the AMA/Chevy Trucks 125cc National Motocross Championships. Stewart made the announcement himself at the Kawasaki Race of Championships this weekend at Raceway Park in Englishtown, New Jersey, that he would be riding the new Kawasaki KXF250 in 2004.

Bubba has said before that his career goal is to be the only rider ever to win both 125cc East and West Region SX Championships, the 125cc Nationals, and both 250cc series. He also wants to be the all-time winningest rider in the 125 Nationals. He currently has 17 outdoor event wins (in 19 career races), which is nine short of Ricky Carmichael's all-time record of 26 wins in the class.

Also, Stewart is apparently not racing either class this weekend at the U.S. Open of Supercross. (Thanks to Chris for the tip!)

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Well, looks like we'll ALL get our wish! We'll get to see him race a 250 ( :think: ) AND get back his titles ;) !

Guess the cherry pickers better switch classes or move west! :thumb:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Bummer.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
That's not my wish.
I wish Stewart would ride in the 250 class full time. He is so much faster than any other 125 class rider. In fact, JAMES himself becomes the cherry picker for staying in a inferior class to rewrite the record books. I feel he's ready to dominate at ANY level. Why not now?

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
I'm sure Kawasaki wants to flaunt the new 250 winning the title in its 1st year out.  So, they throw money at Bubba, while reminding him that he could set records.

Besides, it would be a real test to go to the 250 class for both of them.  Too bad, I was really looking forward to a kick-ass 250 season next year.  How about a special event where RC, CR, KW and JS race.  I'd drive anywhere to see that....

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by angry jim
That's not my wish.
I wish Stewart would ride in the 250 class full time. He is so much faster than any other 125 class rider. In fact, JAMES himself becomes the cherry picker for staying in a inferior class to rewrite the record books. I feel he's ready to dominate at ANY level. Why not now?

One could say the same thing for RC going back to the 125's to secure a record - James is young, if it's records he wants then this is the way to go.

Maybe Okie was right, the 125 cc class is for 3rd rate riders and has beens :p

As former Kawaski teammates, maybe he is just skeer'd of RC's talent :)

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
RC didn't go back to contest the series...Just to set a record, not another 125 championship...Not what I would call cherry picking...

Yeah.....what about Bubba in the 250 class ? He could still race the 250 when the series is out west.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I too thought Bubba was too ride a 250 in the West.. Then if he wasn't doing that good (yeah right) he would ride 125 East..
If he rides 125 Eastern, what will he do in the West??
Rick

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Originally posted by whitesands26
RC didn't go back to contest the series...Just to set a record, not another 125 championship...Not what I would call cherry picking...

Yeah Carmichael did to back to break Barnett's record and wouldn't have if Brown didn't let him pass, so in my books Barnett is still the record holder, just as Hughes is the 2003 125 champ due to the bullsh!t team tactics the let Langston by for points. If they let you pass it's a false placing!

Stewart should move up as he is the best motorcycle rider in the world! Yeah, Yeah it all trickles down from MX/SX as far as bike skill are concerned.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Hughes also said he didn't appreciate that as he doesn't want anything given to him. I agree to an extent, if your running blocker to someone that's faster move your butt over, if you way ahead and have to slow down for the team, that isn't cool! That B.S. puts MX in the same category as other sports, where there is always some yo-yo that ruins it for the team (Boniface).

Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
So will the goal for Bubba in 2004 be what national he will finally lap everybody? Not just lap up to 9th or 5th, but see if he can put the whole field down a lap. Does anyone think it's possible on the new 4-stroke? Has it ever been done before? :moon: :moon:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Considering that the 250f has yet to race, this is a big question - how sure are we that he will even ride a 4 next season. Taking huge sums of money to push a product is one hell of a way of going after a championship.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by Combat767
So will the goal for Bubba in 2004 be what national he will finally lap everybody? Not just lap up to 9th or 5th, but see if he can put the whole field down a lap. Does anyone think it's possible on the new 4-stroke? Has it ever been done before? :moon: :moon:

I doubt it has been done before.  But for Bubba, just about anything is possible. 

The closest I can think of is RC lapping everybody but Reed and Ferry at the '03 Daytona SX.  And if he hadn't put it on cruise control RC would have probably got by Ferry, too.  Daytona has a 30 rider final, unlike a regular 20 rider SX gate. 

Last edited:

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
I am starting to think it's all rigged between bubba and RC. This gives RC his opportunity to win one more outdoor and possible an indoor if he can beat reed, than he will retire or stay around one more year make it close and hand the class over to bubba for the next 3-4 years until the nex dominate rider apears, just like MC and RC. Reed is the real wild card who can mess it up.

PS I also think the super bowl is rigged, especially two years ago when the patriots won it.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
las vegas is rigged :p

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Bilderberg

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by dirt bike dave

I doubt it has been done before.  But for Bubba, just about anything is possible. 

The closest I can think of is RC lapping everybody but Reed and Ferry at the '03 Daytona SX.  And if he hadn't put it on cruise control RC would have probably got by Ferry, too.  Daytona has a 30 rider final, unlike a regular 20 rider SX gate. 

Actually RC and Reed both lapped every one through 4th place.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Originally posted by Erick82
I am starting to think it's all rigged between bubba and RC. This gives RC his opportunity to win one more outdoor and possible an indoor if he can beat reed, than he will retire or stay around one more year make it close and hand the class over to bubba for the next 3-4 years until the nex dominate rider apears, just like MC and RC. Reed is the real wild card who can mess it up.

PS I also think the super bowl is rigged, especially two years ago when the patriots won it.

That whole post is silly :silly:. RC retire?? Yeah right. He's still got PLENTY of good seasons in him. No way will he retire in the next few years, with the exception of some sort of injury...but honestly, how often does he crash?!

Last edited:
Top Bottom