JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Here we go again: Bubba only lost because Ricky was going so slow! OK, I get it.

From Transworld MX:

"It was all right. I kind of struggled during the day and stuff, but the track was really one-lined and really easy tonight, so it was hard to make up time,” Bubba said. “I was going up to the front, and I passed Chad and I was all over Ricky, and I could’ve actually hit Ricky but I let him go. I didn’t want to mess up the points and stuff. I think just from following him, I couldn’t ride my own race because I had to slow down a lot. He was swapping through the whoops in front of me, and I was looking up and my front end washed out. I got back up, and I felt like rode good. I came back up and got a fourth, but it was all right. If anything, I wasn’t riding like I normally would’ve rode, so it kind of sucked. But I’ll be back at Seattle and I’ve got tons of confidence now. I feel good doing 20 and I feel fine, and my speed’s definitely there."

What is wrong with this kid? Can't he just show some class and say, "OK, those guys are good. I got beaten. I'll try harder next week"? No, it's always, "I tripped over a rock, and the sun got in my eyes, and besides, my new mitt isn't broken in yet."

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
JMD said:
What is wrong with this kid? Can't he just show some class and say, "OK, those guys are good. I got beaten. I'll try harder next week"? No, it's always, "I tripped over a rock, and the sun got in my eyes, and besides, my new mitt isn't broken in yet."

:blah: bubba sucks :blah: have you ever been a ninteen year old kid and raced professionally? what would you say? :coocoo:

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
Are you saying he's making crap up to justify his falling, or that even if this is all true, he should keep it to himself and just say "Ricky was great and I just sucked out there tonight." I wasn't at the race, so it's hard to assess if this was a BS statement or not, but if it is how it happened, then I don't see what's wrong with being truthful about what he experienced. If it was Larocco or someone that was holding him up, would there be any exception with that?

BradFrost

Jan 2, 2005
I feel bad... he's a good rider after all. It does sound funny though. Can't really expect discussions on quantum theory after they've just run a race or three.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I'm not saying Ricky walks on water, or even that Bubba is an ass. I'm saying Bubba is ACTING LIKE an ass, and would do well to keep his mouth shut about stuff that makes him look like a spoiled whiner.

stangera

Aug 2, 2004
I bet 9 out of 10 guys on this forum would have the same cocky attitude if they were sucessful as Bubba. I hope he doesn't embarrass everyone when it's time for Nationals.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I'm a Bubba fan, but I'm gettin' tired of hearing every lip in his mouth flappin'.

I hope RC kicks his hiney at the nats.

ttrbutch

Feb 9, 2005
Poor Boo Boo

I would LOVE to see Chad and Ricky use this kid as a berm. He is super fast though, you gotta hand that to him. Its kinda odd seeing a man of "color" in this sport and doing so well. I wonder what made him interested in motocross? It's like having a really domenating white player in the NBA...you just don't see it very often.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I could completely respect and understand the statement about not wanting to get in the way of the points battle. That would be sportsman like.....But, that was a pretty lame excuse for him falling. He fell from his own goof up, not Ricky being to slow in the corner. He wasn't even in it when he fell.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
What would you guys have to talk about if there was no Bubba. GO BUBBA! Talk some more smack, and give these guys something to talk about.

brit yz125

Jan 7, 2005
So basically, whats pissed everyone off is that Bubba has said a proven champ was slow. Bit strange coming from a rookie, but this rookie is on another planet of fast! This is race talk, get over it!

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Listen, I'd like to be a Bubba fan, too. In a way, I am. He's very fast--not as fast at Pontiac as Chad and Ricky, either in practice or in the main, but fast. He's a contender, and he'll probably win several championships. Who knows? He may turn out to be the best ever, though it's too soon to tell. I don't hate the kid; I know he's just a kid, and I hope he'll grow up to be a mensch. But right now his attitude needs more adjustment.

pace

Nov 21, 2003
About what I'd expect from a kid of his age. RC's classy conduct has come about with maturity.. it wasn't always so.

His comment on the 'track being too easy to make up time' is not far removed from some comments made by Chad in a recent interview. Chad made the inference that the easy tracks at the beginning of the season favored RC, particularly in the whoop sections which were not as technical as he [Chad] prefers. I found it interesting since Ricky has clearly struggled in the whoops in the latter half of the season.

pace

Nov 21, 2003
marcusgunby said:
There is no way that crash was anything to do with rc-bubba just dumped it-rookie mistake IMO.

I'd hesitate to call it a 'rookie' mistake, since there have been a few incidents this season where Ricky has made similar unforced errors and washed the front end. :think:

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
He dumped it because the KID has no patience!!! Plan and simple. He thinks he has to get up front in the first or second lap or he's in panic mode . I think he needs to calm down, follow the lead guys and learn, then pass.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
pace said:
I'd hesitate to call it a 'rookie' mistake, since there have been a few incidents this season where Ricky has made similar unforced errors and washed the front end. :think:

Hes a rookie and made a mistake-so its a rookie mistake? :nener:

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
I'm not a RC fan at all, never was.
I root for team Blue because I bought one but when Kawasaki dumped plans for their 450 4 stroke, I became an instant BuBBa on a 2 stroke fan. Just like he kicked the 250 4 strokes on his "non-competitve 2 stroke 125.

:worship: All Hail the 2 Stroke :worship:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We were sitting in the first row right by that turn. Quite a few guys (even top) went down in that turn mostly in practice. The dirt was really fine, like sand. They would come through the whoops and hit that turn a little fast and wash out...DV, Millsaps, and a few others did the same thing. He doesn't want to admit that he went into the turn a little hot. We watched that part in slow motion on the VCR. He starts to lose it right as he enters the turn. RC didn't even touch him. .

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
That statement is really lame. He was all by his lonesome in 4th for awhile and had free reign of the track, what is his excuse about that? I like Bubba but that was not a very smart comment. The track was 1 lined but Chad and RC had no prob being patient passing people.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Only in the last few years have I had any respect for Carmichael due to that type of attitude, Stewart (I refuse to call him BUBBA) is the greatest rider ever, his attitude not as bad as RC's was but it still stinks!

Top Bottom