Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Ya think he wants to race the nats? :nod:

What's in it for LB to deny him?

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
if a champion really wants to race, I don't he wouldn't just because a d-bag doesn't want him to.

I say good news for sure.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Good interview. James looks more fit than ever.

Love the riding shots - the scrub at about the 2:30 mark is SICK.

My guess is "It's up to Larry Brooks" means Larry has not agreed to Bubba's asking price to race the series.

IMO, this vid was JSE's attempt to put a little heat on L&M to sign whatever proposal James has shoved their way. I'm sure James is asking alot of dough. I'll bet L&M would love to notch an outdoor title, but not if Jame's asking price busts the team. SX is what pays the bills, afterall.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
If James really wants to play outside, and it completely altruistic in just wanting another title, he can afford to pay his own way. Make his own team and get it done. Full on privateer, so to speak.

I don't think that'll happen, though.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
XRpredator said:
If James really wants to play outside, and it completely altruistic in just wanting another title, he can afford to pay his own way. Make his own team and get it done. Full on privateer, so to speak.

I don't think that'll happen, though.

X2.

Here is my guess how it's going down:

James: Larry, I can win L&M the national title. Coming off of a hotly contested SX title, my salary request is $x,xxx,xxx, plus L&M's share of the expenses will be $x,xxx,xxx. For that I will be totally motivated!

Larry: I'd love to win the national title. But the economy is down, and we went all out for SX. Based on our finances and sponsors limitations, I can only afford $xxx,xxx to you, and $xxx,xxx for expenses, even if you win the title. And if you do win the outdoor title, we might be able to get another $xx,xxx for you next SX season.

James: Damn. I'm already rich. $xxx,xxx is not enough to train my tail off, risk life and limb and burn up my summer. How about l do a cool video interview to impress the heck out of you and our sponsors, and generate some fan support. Maybe on short notice you can find the extra $x,xxx,xxx.

Larry: Go for it. We got 48 hours to come up with a deal. It's going to take a miracle to find the extra $x,xxx,xxx, though.

James: It's up to you, man.

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
Man he better race outdoors.I don't get to go to SX races 'cause of the cash.But I live less than an hour from Mt. Morris,two hours from Steel City and about three from Budds dammit!

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I say he skips a couple races during the season to make it more interesting towards the end of the season.

J-man

May 16, 2007
Someone said:
I say he skips a couple races during the season to make it more interesting towards the end of the season.
Yea because i do not want a repeat of last year. It was awesome to see him sweep the series but with no competition at all it got boring so fast. After awhile i just stopped watching that and only watched the lites.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
With Villopoto in the MX class this year, it will be much harder for James to sweep. He's not going to be able to afford to miss many rounds if he wants the title.

IMO, James has some idea of what Villopoto is getting paid to race outdoors. James probably expects to get paid even more than that, since he is the biggest name in the sport.

Can't blame him for wanting the highest paycheck, but if it was important for him to get paid top factory money to race the outdoors, he probably should have worked that out before signing an SX only deal with a satellite team.

I just hope he lines up for the whole series, no matter who is paying him.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
I just hope he lines up for the whole series, no matter who is paying him.

Word.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Well if it was all or none, I would definitely choose all, as far as JS riding outdoors. I think RV will be his #1 threat, but James is just so damned fast outdoors.

Is there any recent news on Reed racing all or part of the MX season?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…