Dogz

Aug 30, 2003
I'm in Peterborough up the 115 from you, Where do you usually ride? I just got back into dirt riding 3 weeks ago after a 17 year absence. I've been riding north of Buckhorn on the 5 point trails.
Need to get it plated and insured I guess to ride in the Ganaraska area.
The winter project is to get the bike lookin near new again, just cosmetic stuff needed, like graphics and plastic.

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Hey cool...you are very close to me....

You can only PM if you are a Subscriber...

We just rode near 100Km today in the Ganny...What a huge place..It's a very nice spot to spend the day riding.
Not cheap anymore.Last year's cost was $40 per family.
Now it's $100 for me and $50 for my son,,, but still worth.
We ride nearly every weekend.

We should hook up sometime.

Cheers.

Buc.

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
hey, where do you ride for locally around toronto? im in St.Catharines and our riding areas are getting smaller by the year :( , i was hoping to get out to turkey point or somthing this year but dont really have no one to ride with there.

Dogz

Aug 30, 2003
Ya figured out that subscriber stuff, I'll be doing that soon. I'm looking for people to ride with, I bought a pair of Fox 360 pants off a guy in Bobcaygen on Fri. who invited me to ride on his private track with him and his son. That could hurt though I havn't been on a track in almost 20 years, I just got the KDX 3 weeks ago after riding street for the last 17 years. I havn't had this much fun on a bike in ages. The five point trails I've been riding have some good technical sections but not alot of room to open it up, on the 250 I occasionaly hit 3rd, but its alot of first and second up some steep rocky sections and tight turns, a mix of mud, sand, hardpack and mud all in a 70k ride, The ganny is fairly wide open if I remember right, next weekend I'm going to ckeck out a different section of trails on the other side of the 507 highway. Some good riding around Buckhorn itself so I've been told.

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Y2Z..
We ride mainly in the Ganaraska Forest.
Follow this LINK for more info..

Dogz..
Ya,,,,,I finally figure out this web stuff...heehe
Nice catch with the riding gear and the invite to the track..
I've not been on a track ,,,,,well,,,,ever.But it would be fun.

The Ganny has a vast range of riding options...
Lots of singles/doubles,,,fire roads etc...
There are however speedlimits and at times it is patrol'd by the OPP....( this is a good thing )
The forest is huge and shared with pedal bikers,horse back riders and walkers..All areas are designated and well labelled..
We've seen more wild life than you could imagine.Deer,rabbit,hawk,turkey,partridge....etc..

Never been to Buckhorn yet.....hopefully some day as I meet more people.

I too have had a long stint away from dirtbike riding..some 15-20yrs myself.
4yrs into it now...Love it..Alot more than street.
I also ride street but my heart is in the dirt......and that's not just because I'm married...( sorry hun,,heehe).

My son and I ride nearly every week.He has almost outgrown his RM80 and we may have a new KDX or CRF250X( save the boo's and hiss's please ) under the tree this christmas...whoohooo!

We should hookup sometime..

Buc

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
BucKat, i was just wondering if you could tell me about ganny forest, i know you have to have the off-road plate, but how much do you pay for insurance? i heard it was 50$ a month, but can you pay by the month or do you have to pay for like 6 months at a time or somthing. Im getting a YZ250f next summer so i will have to invest in a spart arrestor or somthing, i dont know if i will get a chance to all that often, so i was hoping i could buy mabe 2 or 3 months insh. at a time.

thanks

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by BucKat
Y2Z..
We ride mainly in the Ganaraska Forest.
Follow this LINK for more info..

Y2Z..
In my previous reply there is the above sentence .
Move your mouse over the word LINK and press your mouse button.That will take you to the Ganaraska Forest website.The site details all necessary info.

Membership to the Ganny is $100 per year per adult...a bit steep but well worth the coin for what you get. You must be insured,plated and have a membership to ride the forest.

I'm not sure if any insurance company will insure quarterly,semi etc....
I pay $20-25/month on a yearly plan for liability only...

Buc

Top Bottom