KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
OK - i meant to post this the other day but have been just too busy.

Wow!  THe Buckeyes looked damn good against KSU in the Fiesta Bowl.

Buckeyes: 35  KSU:  28

Another Fiesta Bowl for the Buckeyes.  :thumb:

bh

Nov 26, 2001
The first half was awesome! Right now I think they could beat any team in college football. Now why couldn't they have played like that against Michigan?!

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Originally posted by bh
The first half was awesome! Right now I think they could beat any team in college football. Now why couldn't they have played like that against Michigan?!

...because they couldn't beat any team in college football :thumb: GO BLUE! :)

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Hey, there's no shame in losing to the #1 team in the nation (maybe they were #3 in the BCS rankings, but in the "human" rankings they were #1, PLUS they now get to share the NC with LSU, making them #1). ...and they're #1 for a reason...they're a good team. Michigan had a good team, too...they just had trouble managing USC. Pick on me and my team all you want, but I'm proud of my Wolverines and I think that even though they had a few problems earlier in the season they came back strong. Their mission was to be the BigTen Champs, and they did it! GO BLUE! :) :thumb:

...and congrats to LSU for beating the the "mighty" Sooners and their Heisman-winning QB. Good game! :thumb:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
yeah, the "Human" rankings that they all wanted to get rid of... pick a system and quit crying about it.

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
pick a system and quit crying about it.

I pick neither system;) :)

I would never want a "people poll" back.IMO its just plain scary to think that "Sports Writers" actually pick(ed) the National Champs.

Im glad this happened,and I hope it keeps happening untill the Bowl system as we know it is dead. :debil: :p

KelvinKDX,

Your Buckeyes looked really good.They sure didn't play like that in a couple of other games I watched them in.

Doesn't OSU return most of its starters?

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by Tennessee Thumper

I pick neither system;) :)

I would never want a "people poll" back.IMO its just plain scary to think that "Sports Writers" actually pick(ed) the National Champs.

Im glad this happened,and I hope it keeps happening untill the Bowl system as we know it is dead. :debil: :p ........

I'll second that!:thumb:

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Originally posted by Okiewan
yeah, the "Human" rankings that they all wanted to get rid of... pick a system and quit crying about it.

I actually agree...I was just re-stating what the announcers said during the Rose Bowl. Someone once told me that there are actually 2 National Championships. One is the BCS Championship and the other is the AFCA (?) Championship. Is this true? If it is, it's a very messed up system...

Even though it's difficult to have a playoff, I still think there should be one. Take the best team from each big conference and have a playoff, maybe add a couple wild cards just in case. Or they could use the 4 big bowl games (Sugar, Rose, Orange, Fiesta) to create a playoff. I know the Rose Bowl is normally played between the Big 10 and Pac 10 champions...I'm not sure about the other bowls...but if they can be made to work, have the next 2 bowl games the next week, and one the week after that for the Championship. I'm sure that if they really wanted to they could make it work. The other bowl games can feed off of those playoffs. That way nobody can say that their team should've made it.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
We're losing a few seniors and a couple to the NFL early (Gamble). Supposedly Claret is coming back. That's the rumor I heard. We should still be strong next year though.

Go Bucks!

Top Bottom